The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retriever Hunt Test Changes Approved - Effective 9/1/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Cedarswamp View Post
    Good Dogs, I know exactly what the "Advanced" titles are for...to keep people playing that can't move up (could be a good thing for a "newbie"), I also see it as a revenue generator. And another headache for the judges. I don't mind the "extra" for the kids. Would I do it for my old dog that is/was rock solid on triples/quads at home training (solo training, was not exposed to large groups as a young dog) and out hunting, but breaks on water, and possibly flyers at the hunt tests...no...not worth the extra $$ to me...she'll just keep her JH title...unless IF the kids worked with her and wanted to run her, but as of right now she's in semi-retirement...hunting dog only status...
    The Advanced titles (for Spaniel tests) are not a headache for judges. The handler has the responsibility for checking his/her scores and the hunt test secretary has to verify they and sign the handlers form. It is the handlers responsibility to submit the form after the dog has accumulated the required 5 additional passes. No extra work for the judges.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

HRCH UH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) 1000 Point Club
    UH HR GCH Carolina's Wild March Hare SH JHR RAE OA OAJ WDX CGC TDI (Bunny)
    HR BISS GCH Carolina's Running with the Hare SH JHR RN WDX CGC TDI (Blew)

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    the golden gallery will love the advanced jr and sr titles. I doubt this will happen simply because of the crazy additional work involved. For the advanced master they would not only have to keep track of passes, but points. Hunt test judges and secretaries are not paid and I don't think any club is going to want to jump on this tran and add work to volunteers who are already over worked.
    Cory,

What do you mean by the Golden Gallery?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Lehr View Post
    Cory,

Surely he means labs with the recessive gene making them a light chocolate color. Some call them White Chocolates or Milk Chocolates.

Cory,

Pretty simple really. The group of people who do not aspire to running levels higher than junior or senior. They are composed of a disproportionately high number of older women who run goldens. They generally are not hunters and run HT as an addition to other games or the show ring. They are simply looking for any type of title to add the the collection CDX, OTCH, AX...... Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Are they limited to people with Goldens?

Let's see:
    "keep people playing that can not or will not move up"
    "generate more money for AKC"
    "add more letters".

Maybe valid criticisms for a JHA and SHA but don't we already have the equilivant to their proposed MHA title? It is called a Master National Hunter.

Tim
    You order a Lab; ask a Golden; but negotiate with a Chesapeake!

Are they limited to people with Goldens?
    i said a disproportionate number are older women with goldens, so no not limited to goldens nor is it a knock on goldens. It is the handlers. In this case they just seem to prefer goldens.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Carrion View Post
    Maybe valid criticisms for a JHA and SHA but don't we already have the equilivant to their proposed MHA title? It is called a Master National Hunter.

Tim
    Ahhhhhh, the MN. They do need to do something about the number of dogs that qualify......
    Corey Burke

It has already happened in the obedience ring. Not ready for a CD in the novice class then how about a BN (beginning novice). Not ready for the open class then how about a GN (graduate novice), and the list goes on. Although I am an older women with a golden who aspires to put titles on my dogs in multiple venues. I refuse to show in these "optional titling" classes for anything other than ring experience for my dog. IMO optional titles don't mean a thing.
    Jeannie Greenlee

Blazinlakes Legally Blonde CDX JH NAJ RA WC OD (1st Retriever)
    HRCH Smokingold Guns Up CCA WCX CD MH
    https://sites.google.com/site/smokingoldretrievers/home

If I look down and see "7's" or better everywhere, why on earth do I need to sit there and do the math?
    Wm. Mark Edwards
    Pascagoula, MS

HRCH (500) UH Ellie Mae MH
    SHR Tipsy