The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Retriever Hunt Test Changes Approved - Effective 9/1/2013

Quote Originally Posted by metalone67 View Post
    Just another money generator if you ask me. JMHO.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    sr-ukc/jr-akc are money makers and increase litter registrations, doesn't errybody want an AJR x ASR breeding?
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    the golden gallery will love the advanced jr and sr titles. I doubt this will happen simply because of the crazy additional work involved. For the advanced master they would not only have to keep track of passes, but points. Hunt test judges and secretaries are not paid and I don't think any club is going to want to jump on this tran and add work to volunteers who are already over worked.
    You probably should have said show dog hunt testers...
    Kendall Layne

HR(2xHRCH) Ashland's Big Black Ruby to Go SH
    Dorie's Lady of the Lake(1K bird club)

Never play leap frog with a unicorn.

i said a disproportionate number are older women with goldens, so no not limited to goldens nor is it a knock on goldens. It is the handlers. In this case they just seem to prefer goldens.
    No, I don't feel insulted at all!
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoast View Post
    If I look down and see "7's" or better everywhere, why on earth do I need to sit there and do the math?
    i do not think they mean you have to really mark down your total if you know the dog will average over 7, but some judges just do not put a score on their sheet but just mark pass or fail. Guess they think they are judging HRC. But Mark you are right, why bring out the calculator for ones you know will make the score.
    A far a keeping them for 60 days, no big deal. I did have a case the a dog passed, got the ribbon but AKC did not have the pass. For some reason the book that got sent to AKC did not have his pass but the HTS's book did. Handler called me and asked if I could check my sheet and send a note to AKC to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Klotthor View Post
    I did have a case the a dog passed, got the ribbon but AKC did not have the pass. For some reason the book that got sent to AKC did not have his pass but the HTS's book did. Handler called me and asked if I could check my sheet and send a note to AKC to correct it.
    Rather than looking at this "NEW" rule as a pain in the A** for Judges, Karen provided a very good POSITIVE reason for it. It is also a good example of when asked to sign the Books, judges should verify the Official results as recorded by the HT Secretary.
    Cindy Von Sutphen

Dai Suki Desu MH
    Reed Lanes Ladies Love a Rockstar CGC
    LPK's If I Can Call You Betty (da behbeh gurl)

Your right about checking the HTS books but when they do 4 books and you check out at least 2 of them you expect the others to be the same. I have learned to actually help the HTS mark 2 of the books while they mark the others and have my co judges all numbers than go back and I call and co judges looks at book along with hts.

Angry Older Golden Women

Pretty simple really. The group of people who do not aspire to running levels higher than junior or senior. They are composed of a disproportionately high number of older women who run goldens. They generally are not hunters and run HT as an addition to other games or the show ring. They are simply looking for any type of title to add the the collection CDX, OTCH, AX...... Not that there is anything wrong with that.
    I just find that simply amazing that you said that about older golden women, REALLY? Those older golden women are also the marshals, secretaries and sometimes judges. And how about, we just like the hunt test game instead of "simply looking for any type of title". The MOST important thing is we enjoy training our dogs and seeing them achieve greatness in the field, how about that! And what if I'm not a hunter, what does that matter?? I have men say yes "I'm a duck hunter" and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Us older golden women go out to train, we get muddy, we throw dead ducks and pigeons, we shoot popper guns, we load and unload all our training tools just like men do. Oh, almost fogot to mention, we train with some older golden men, but I guess they simply aren't looking for any type of title to get on their dogs. They are the MIGHTY DUCK HUNTER!

Off my soapbox!
    Donna

Cory I swear- that bait works EVERY time!!!

Even better than that choke chain floater that turd /paul floats out daily.

Fish on regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Cory I swear- that bait works EVERY time!!!

Even better than that choke chain floater that turd /paul floats out daily.

Fish on regards

Bubba
    Choke chain question is a proven winner. Just like Golden questions and those glorious Chessie's smells comments.

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

well lets see first you ticked off the golden people, now the senior citizens and obedience people mite wana take a break now. LMAO
    DLM

" Paddle faster, I hear Banjos!"