The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Retriever Hunt Test Changes Approved - Effective 9/1/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Dood- I told ya to stay away from them mushrooms- they do weird things to yer mind sometimes.

Wouldn't know a Master National if it bit ya on the ass regards

Bubba
    I suppose you'll tell me the Master National Club has a set of By-Laws which could be submitted to AKC "as-is" and become a AKC licensed hunt yes club? If you think so I think you've been dipping into my stash ole buddy.

You ever hear about the tailgate party talking about how regional directors tell fellow judges who to pass based on what they post on rtf? Remember that MN loses $40k thread? It ain't mushrooms that I'm taking Bubba. Funniest thing is I have nothing to lose by being honest and nothing to gain by making anything up.

Grouping an OTCH in there is like grouping the FC title with SH. Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Pretty simple really. The group of people who do not aspire to running levels higher than junior or senior. They are composed of a disproportionately high number of older women who run goldens. They generally are not hunters and run HT as an addition to other games or the show ring. They are simply looking for any type of title to add the the collection CDX, OTCH, AX...... Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

I take offense at this. Just because you only enjoy one event doesn't meant that there aren't some of us who just enjoy doing various sports, meeting people in different venues, and are fortunate enough to have a dog who can do it.
    My boy might be 8 or 9 by the time he finishes his MH. Didn't realize it was a race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Paye View Post
    We call that, Lookin for alphabet soup. There is ALOT of that out there. 9 Year old fluffys runnin juniors = money for the club
    Last edited by hotel4dogs; 08-17-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP OFP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

Given time to think on issue #2....there is at least one 8 pt judge in the SE who doesn't score the dogs. S/he really doesn't even take notes. S/he simply passes the dogs s/he likes.

Perhaps this is widespread enough that the AKC is taking a stand on it. They did begin looking at judges books long enough ago that they would have been able to discern just how much of a problem this is.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Paul "Happy" Gilmore View Post
    I suppose you'll tell me the Master National Club has a set of By-Laws which could be submitted to AKC "as-is" and become a AKC licensed hunt yes club? If you think so I think you've been dipping into my stash ole buddy.

You ever hear about the tailgate party talking about how regional directors tell fellow judges who to pass based on what they post on rtf? Remember that MN loses $40k thread? It ain't mushrooms that I'm taking Bubba. Funniest thing is I have nothing to lose by being honest and nothing to gain by making anything up.
    Usually I allow dumassness to be it's own punishment but I'm going to make an exception.

Firstly you need to understand that there are only a relatively few clubs in The US that are "Member" clubs in the AKC organizational scheme of things. For the most part these are show oriented clubs that would really rather that you blood thirsty few just wander off into the hinterlands. "Member" status grants the club the authority to send a delegate of record to the annual AKC business meeting and vote on issues that are surfaced. The remainder of the clubs that are licensed by the AKC to hold events have no such privileges and are basically just kept around as a source of mailing lists to further the AKC's business ventures. Offhand I don't know of any member clubs in the Northwest - Puget Sound might be as a result of Ron Perry's involvement.
    In the case of the non-member clubs they AKC really doesn't care what your individual clubs bylaws say (or not say) just that you actually have some and agree to abide by them. In the case of the Master National they have an extensive set of policies and procedures in addition to the Constitution and Bylaws posted here: http://www.masternational.com/Websit...MNRCon2009.pdf. They are by the way the only National performance organization that makes that information generally available (that I know of there may be others but not in the retriever world). So yes as a matter of fact the MNRC DOES have a set of bylaws that would (and have been for >20 years) recognized by the AKC as a part of the process to grant the ability to hold licensed events. Not sure what it takes to become an actual "Member" club on the AKC's planet but not interested either.

As far as your tailgate stories 2 things. Firstly I know and admire every single last person that has ever been on the BOD of the Master National and most of the judges in the Northwest. If you actually heard this described discussion and did not report the incident then we need to bump the asshole count in this discussion group by at least one. If you are unable to distinguish a bad joke from an actual plan of action- I can't help you there. It appears to me that you are just blowing sewage.

You need a better source of information regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Bubba you should have a discussion sometime instead of just talking and not listening. That stuff was said to me in person and yes I did contemplate reporting what was said although, I think in the long run everything ran its course. You creatively tell people they are full of sewage and whatever else although, I'm pretty certain you pick and chose your sources of information which really makes you a closed circuit and often blind to what happens around you.

My refence to MN becoming an actual AKC club would require they have a set of by laws and election process which is required of all other hunt test clubs. MN club merely holds a licensed event. Therefore, they don't have to play by the same rules required by every other AKC club. Ron Perry had nothing to do with that. Ron was in agreement with me that MN "should" be pressured to become an AKC club and have appropriate bylaws. It was something we were communicating with the AKC about regarding the election crap. (or lack of shared information on an election).

I do know a bit about the required bylaws because I initiated writing the by laws for the newest licensed field trial club, Scattercreek Retriever Club. I learned a lot about the process and requirements due to the numerous edits AKC required I make. I borrowed by laws from a local club and AKC almost laughed at them because they were so far from their current requirements. AKC had very specific requirements for everything from membership lists to how and when elections for officers were administered. I've read MN bylaws with Ron word for word and we both were shocked at the "lack of substance" for lack of a better term. I've saved all my correspondence with Ron because of his experience and intellect on club matters.

Lots of things change over 20 years. You can drive on bad tires for a long time. Sooner or later there will be a blowout. Some folks upgrade and others prefer to hit the wrecking yard and get another used one.
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 08-17-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    I take offense at this. Just because you only enjoy one event doesn't meant that there aren't some of us who just enjoy doing various sports, meeting people in different venues, and are fortunate enough to have a dog who can do it.
    My boy might be 8 or 9 by the time he finishes his MH. Didn't realize it was a race.
    It isn't a race, you can spend your money anyway you want, this still = money to the club or clubs
    Wizardrheas Roxtar MH (Roxie)
    Hibrass' She's Gotcha All Choked Up (Briley) Born 12/14/2013
    Sophie ( Bed Bug Detection Beagle)
    Mariah's Sunshine Tess (3-30-2000 / 8-10-2012) RIP Old Girl

This isn't a social event!!! Get a dog on the line!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Given time to think on issue #2....there is at least one 8 pt judge in the SE who doesn't score the dogs. S/he really doesn't even take notes. S/he simply passes the dogs s/he likes.

Perhaps this is widespread enough that the AKC is taking a stand on it. They did begin looking at judges books long enough ago that they would have been able to discern just how much of a problem this is.
    I know a number of judges that don't get caught up in the numbers but rather take a holistic approach each series--asking themselves is this a master level dog performance and then putting down the numbers that reflect it. I personally don't think it is a bad approach especially with an experienced judge. I would bet that most judges when filling out the sheets use only four or five numbers--0,5,7 and 9 or 10--at the end of the day.

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by hotel4dogs View Post
    Not sure why you would be offended. I don't believe anyone said it was a bad thing, just that there are a group that do just that. We welcome them and need them because they do bring in money for the club. Someone running master pays $80 for the weekend. Someone running jr/sr generally enters two days at $75.
    Everybody is welcome and can play the way they want too. There is no race and no real finish line, you go we're you want and have fun.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Barb, you and your next baby puppy could do worse than to spend as many waking hrs as possible in and around Coal City.
    cheers
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie