The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama now raises taxes without Congress

Default Obama now raises taxes without Congress

If you can change laws that Congress has passed, why not push the envelope a little further, and make some taxes that Congress never voted on?

On Thursday morning, White House deputy press secretary Josh Earnest assured reporters that when President Obama unilaterally attempts to raise cell phone taxes, that’s not an “end-around” Congress. That revelation prompted laughter from the press pool. President Obama has urged the supposedly-independent Federal Communications Commission to raise cell phone taxes to pay for increased broadband capacity for public schools.

“The FCC will decide whether another tax is applied? You're not making an end run around Congress in this case?” a reporter asked.
    Earnest answered: “Well, I -- 'end-run' is not the word I would use. What I would say is that there has been -- (laughter) -- what we have seen from Congress is, we've seen a lot of stagnation and dysfunction and an inability to act on some rather obvious priorities of the American people. And so we have made pretty clear -- and I think the president has demonstrated a willingness -- to act on his own where he can, and where necessary to make progress on those priorities. And that's exactly what we're doing in this case.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Earnest-Obama

Can the FCC really do this ... legally, that is?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If you can change laws that Congress has passed, why not push the envelope a little further, and make some taxes that Congress never voted on?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Earnest-Obama

Can the FCC really do this ... legally, that is?
    Does it matter? They do what they want , whenever they want. Who will stop him? No one, the constitution has long since been left in the dust. What sickens me is soldiers are dying, for what? This so-called freedom Americans think they have. They will continue to tax, barrow, spend, and spend until the whole thing collapses which can't be far away.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Does it matter? They do what they want , whenever they want. Who will stop him? No one, the constitution has long since been left in the dust. What sickens me is soldiers are dying, for what? This so-called freedom Americans think they have. They will continue to tax, barrow, spend, and spend until the whole thing collapses which can't be far away.
    I agree. This administration has trampled the constitution and yet the senate or congress never calls him on it. I think I beginning to sound like my grandparents when I say this country is going h... in hand basket.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Not only is it "going", it has gone that way. It's now up to the sane thinking voters that may be left in this country to start turning it around in 2014. If the fools of this country are successful again, there will be no reason to have a POTUS board...there will be nothing to discuss, only lament.

For those that missed this a few years back, let me remind you of what we conservatives are really up against:

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Not only is it "going", it has gone that way. It's now up to the sane thinking voters that may be left in this country to start turning it around in 2014. If the fools of this country are successful again, there will be no reason to have a POTUS board...there will be nothing to discuss, only lament.

For those that missed this a few years back, let me remind you of what we conservatives are really up against:

The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but the citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the presidency.

It will be easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency, than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to an electorate willing to have such a man for their president.

The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails us.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.

The republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those that made him their President.

UB
    Uncle bill , Amen well said and you are so correct.

"This ain't Burger King, you don't get it your way"

Backwater's Ole' Crow Medicine Show SH "Raven" BLF 7/26/11 (NFC FC AFC Hunter's Run Boo Boo x AFC Beat The Rush)
    Backwater's Gun Powder 'N' Lead "Trigger" BLF 6/30/12 ( FC AFC CJ's Mister T x FC Queen Winhelmina of the Netherlands)
    Backwater's Biker Trash "Scooter" BLM 9/6/2013 (FC AFC Nick of Time Lone Ranger x Good Ideas Windy Retreezer QAA)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

UB
    Spot on! The grassroots movement the last 2 presidential elections by the BMan's team was second to none. Something to be learned there.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

Let the views of others educate and inform you, but let your decisions be a product of your own conclusions. (Jim Rohn)

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Uncle bill , Amen well said and you are so correct.
    DITTO. I am so angry about all this. WHY don't people stand up for our constitution? By people, I mean our representatives.

I guess they either don't hear from enough constituents or they don't give a damn....the public or our reps.

Sue
    Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

I would ask again, what can Congress do? I don't think impeachment covers this reckless use of executive orders and what I'm sure POTUS is referring to as some sort of "judiciary discretion". Holder is now preparing to find a way to keep non-violent drug offenders from being subject to mandatory sentences.

He has, in many ways, not upheld the Constitution, but not sure where that fits into the reasons for impeachment.

The very bad thing is that the more any President is allowed to over-ride Congress in ignoring or modifying laws without congressional approval ... it begins to strengthen a precedent for allowing it to occur again and again.

Has anyone brought any suits to object to the laws which are being ignored or "modified"? I know there is a suit objecting to the fact that Obamacare provided no funding for the Federal exchange subsidies. I find it hard to believe that no one has filed for the delay in the employer mandate ... or the waiver for Federal employees.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Congress will do nothing....like they have done nothing since Obama's election! WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK, SEE MARK LAVIN NEW BOOK "THE LIBERTY AMENDMENTS" HE TELLS US HOW WE CAN TAKE CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Congress will do nothing....like they have done nothing since Obama's election! WE NEED TO TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK, SEE MARK LAVIN NEW BOOK "THE LIBERTY AMENDMENTS" HE TELLS US HOW WE CAN TAKE CONTROL OF OUR COUNTRY AGAIN!
    I will say the true facts. If any other President did half this stuff they would already be going thru the impeachmant process. Nobody has the guts to follow the law for fear. If you try to impeach the "Chosen One' even though the law says it should happen you will be a racist.

BUNCH OF IDIOT WIMPS IN DC!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI