The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen dog and puppy Update: FOUND!!!

Default Stolen dog and puppy Update: FOUND!!!

Just got a call from a client. Someone took his SH and her 3 month old puppy from his backyard kennel. Greensboro NC. He and his kids are heartbroken. Betty only needs one pass for her MH title and he was bringing her back to me tomorrow to start getting her ready after having a litter in June. I know it's a long shot but anyone in the area please keep a lookout. Both are black.

I can't stand to hear stories like this! Hope the dogs are found/returned and justice is served!

Chris
    __________________________________________________ _____________

Brownstone's Harley- "Harley" 7/29/2009 (By CH Woodhull's Roger That)
    Maple Hill's Ella Enchanted- "Ella" 8/30/2011 (By FC AFC Land Ahoy)

Flat out horrible, hopefully someone can catch up to the theif
    Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)

Call all the vets in the area and make them aware of any "new owners" bringing in black labs.

This stuff really pisses me off!!!. I'm so angry hearing about this!!!
    JoKen's Sir Lucas Bartholomew - "Lucas"
    Tallmadge's Miss Eloise Lucia JH - "Ellie"
    HR Tallmadge's Spirit of Light SH - "Boggs"

BootsOnGuideService.com...Putting fowl in your face with their "Boots On."

This torques me to no end. I hope they find the dogs safe and severely punish those who took them.

Calling the vets is a great idea. If the dogs are chipped it might help too.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

I would notify the police and place posters in local stores as well

Hope they are found soon

​check craig's list!!!!!!!!!!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

craigslist, www.facebook.com/helpfindnahla and www.facebook.com/findingbelladog and lost paws finder on face book are all great sites alot of people from all over go here just to find or post a lost dog. Pet amber alert is good as well. We just had a 13 yr old blind deaf spaniel in NJ that was seen on a lost poster at a flea market. Local radio stations also run a lost dog segment. You have to get people looking fast. I can tell you dogs are being stolen everywhere people are breaking padlocks off backyard gates to steal them. Its bad , really bad.

when you check craigslist look under lost and found and also the pets section. When they steal to sell they sometimes post under there.
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-16-2013 at 09:41 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

The momma dog is chipped the puppy not. Police were called and according to her owner didn't seem to care a whole lot. I have called or texted most of the trainers in the area.

Lost posters around the area work great hopefully a neighbor will see them and call. Thats where pet amber alert comes in they call people in the area and send flyers to business's I have never used them but know people that have, you have to get the word out. If someone finds them they usually go to the lost ads in the paper or craigslist . In a lot of cases they turn up for a rehoming fee on craigslist The tv shows like the Today show Dianne Sawyer have been talking about this so much they put the idea in these creeps heads, lets steal the dog wait for a huge reward or sell it on the black market. AKC says dog flipping /stealing is up almost 30 % this year. Its a quick way to make a few dollars, and easier than breaking in and stealing your TV. The Micro chip is great in case someone finds her and takes her in to scan or for them to prove ownership, one thing about the chip if you have changed your phone number or moved make sure and update it. Prayers are sent
    Last edited by gmhr1; 08-16-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )