The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen dog and puppy Update: FOUND!!!

Quote Originally Posted by labman63 View Post
    The momma dog is chipped the puppy not. Police were called and according to her owner didn't seem to care a whole lot. I have called or texted most of the trainers in the area.
    File a police report including the value of the trained and almost titled MH Lab and the value of the puppy. I hope the owner finds them.
    Terrie Tomlinson
    Frontier Retrievers
    HR Five Star Winning Sue SH
    Young Guns: Frontier's True Grit With a Cause "Rooster" and Frontier's Gossip Girl With A Cause "Gabby"
    Boykin Spaniels: Max, Scarlet, Rummy, Jewels, Bella, Molly, and Piper

In Memory:
    HRCH Frontier's Cherokee Rebel MH (5-9-2000 to 12-6-2011)
    Moonstone's Little Girl Found MH (3-20-1998 to 5-2-2008)
    Calebri's Take the Money and Run JH (3-3-2008 to 6-20-2012)

Junior Member The Green Mallard's Avatar

Saying some prayers that the dog and pup are found. The thieves need a good ole fashioned tar and featherin'.
    "Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open."

Tell him to write a notice, about the dogs stating where and when the dog were taken, names contact etc. then post it, the various forums (RTF, HRC) Facebook etc those places gets a lot of hits; the unofficial HRC facebook page has members in constant communication everywhere. He's got to get it out there because, once people know in a certain area, they start looking, and a lot of dog people have interesting connections. Several Dogs have been found that way, (Bella, Boz etc.) Also that dog is a AKC titled, trained, working dog (not a pet) it's worth money, depending on the area a little dog napping could be considered a felony, sometimes thieves don't know this, if it gets reported correctly sometimes a dog amazingly ends up back in a yard.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 08-16-2013 at 12:05 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast)
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    SHR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Its time when they are caught that they actually get in trouble, instead of a slap on the wrist. They used to shoot horse thieves maybe its time to do the same to dog thieves.... If they can make a micro chip why cant they add a tracking chip so we can find them.
    GMHR Riparian Bearly Behavin MH QAA (FC AFC Rebel with A Cause X AFC Bams Liberty Belle MH )
    GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare (MHR Tanglewood Iron Dago x Wind River Poppin Pepper)
    MHR Highlands Bearcat (FC AFC Suncrest Bear X GMHR Gadwalls Nightmare)
    Croppers Gold Dust (NAFC FC M D's Cotton Pick' N Cropper X Hunka Papas Chardonnay JH )

Quote Originally Posted by gmhr1 View Post
    Its time when they are caught that they actually get in trouble, instead of a slap on the wrist. They used to shoot horse thieves maybe its time to do the same to dog thieves.... If they can make a micro chip why cant they add a tracking chip so we can find them.
    And put it in the butt of the thieves and track them from now on...
    Bill Davis

This make me sick..praying on finding your dogs safe and the thief dead.
    MOBETTA'S RETRIEVER

i dont know what the value on a mh dog is now days, i have seen hrc started dogs going for $2000 and up and grhrch go from $10,000-$20,000. so wouldnt that put this in the grand theft range. cops should act like it is as big a deal as it is.

Unfortunately, in most places the dog is a chattel and is just valued as livestock. IOW, you can't charge based on all the time and money put into the dog. Assuming the dog is found, you may have better luck nosing around in the animal cruelty parts of the state and local law.
    Steve Wyatt

HR Belle's Rolling Big Rig "Jimmy"

Just got a call from a client. Someone took his SH and her 3 month old puppy from his backyard kennel. Greensboro NC. He and his kids are heartbroken. Betty only needs one pass for her MH title and he was bringing her back to me tomorrow to start getting her ready after having a litter in June. I know it's a long shot but anyone in the area please keep a lookout. Both are black.
    i am not sure if this will help but maybe getting a picture posted on this forum would help too. Maybe if we had a pic we could check Craig's list in our respective areas. I certainly will.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

The momma dog is chipped the puppy not. Police were called and according to her owner didn't seem to care a whole lot. I have called or texted most of the trainers in the area.
    If there is a local emergency vet, they usually have a mass fax they use to communicate with local vets, sometimes up to a 50 mile radius. See if they would be willing to fax out the flyer with the mother and puppies photo on it. It will provide an alert to the other vets in the area to keep an eye out for the dogs.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com