The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: if the unionistas have their way...

Quote Originally Posted by Backwater View Post
    Henry your not even close here. I have a MBA and I will tell you the profits aren't what you think they are.
    Good for you. G.W. has an MBA too and he ran this country into the ground. The profits I stated are from public documents.

Your liberal President and union backed Democrats have seen to it that taxes and regulations are such that United states is on the loosing end in the global market. The big companies are doing just what many very rich Americans are doing, taking their toys and leaving the country.
    Please, he is our president not just mine. How do you square your second and third sentences. On one hand taxes and regulations are killing things and on the other companies and very rich americans are doing great and have been for many many years so they are taking their toys and leaving the country. That seems kind of anti-American to me.

You really think someone who has no education, no student loans, should be paid what??/ 100k a year?
    No. I do not think it and never stated it. I simply asked a couple questions about what any of you thought was a fair amount of profit per employee. No one phas provided an answer.

If you think this is bad take your own money and risk it with the hard work, then just to have someone like you bash them for their profits. Nothing is stopping you from opening your own business and then paying your employees as much as you want. it's called capitalism, I know dirty word for Obama supporters.
    Please tell me where I bashed anyone for their profits? Don't worry, if I start a business, I will. Nothing against capitalism here, as long as there is a full cost accounting in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Wonder what percentage of McDonalds employees are full time? And how many will be this time next year because of Obamacare??

Seems to me the Obama administration likes the McDonalds model. Must be why 90%+ of all jobs created during the Obama years have been part time jobs.
    Well I suspect they cost the public about the sameamount as WalMart employees have for many years. At least several thousand dollars per employee. For example http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...yee-subsidies/
    http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jun...wages-20130607

What a great country. Privatize the profits and socialize the costs of doing business.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Henry - while there are folks on this forum that I would expect this from - I thought you a slight bit more intelligent than that, not a lot, but at least a slight bit .

The mickey D employee shows up, more than likely having never held a job. This employee receives training, learns job skills, & in many cases advances to a managerial position of some to significant responsibility. Or moves elsewhere with those job skills, the employer does not retain those skills . I would consider that a fair trade of labor for profit. Don't forget the employee that manages to injure themselves, receives compensation, sometimes for a significant amount of time & contributes nothing to the bottom line.

Though I do agree with the poster that believes some executives are grossly overcompensated. We have to remember they pick their own boards, unless the stockholders vote against that compensation, it happens.
    Marvin,

I believe I asked a fair set of questions. I totally agree that this is low skill job. I also would sure like to know when the huge profits and the huge increase in wealth of the top 5% is going to trickle down. Maybe you know? Why isn't paying employees a bit more money a good way to start the trickle?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Marvin,

I believe I asked a fair set of questions. I totally agree that this is low skill job. I also would sure like to know when the huge profits and the huge increase in wealth of the top 5% is going to trickle down. Maybe you know? Why isn't paying employees a bit more money a good way to start the trickle?
    Gee, when I was a lot younger this was just a high school part time job. When did working at Walmart or McDonalds become a career? When did this suddenly earn the same pay as a worked for and earned skill?
    Many many years ago in high school I worked a job in fast food. Bust your butt and even as a high school student you can get a promotion(if ya call it that) and more money.
    Better example would be going from a cashier to the office(ie customer service, check cashing etc) in the 80's at a grocery store. Yeah, work hard do your best and get more money even when you are 17.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Marvin,

The fact that they have a job is the trickle. Those types of jobs are not meant to provide a "living wage". But if Obama and the libs keep it up...that's going to be on the high end...

When I was 14, I started out working at a car wash. The next year I got a job at country club working at the pro shop doing grunt work like emptying trash, mopping floors, stocking the fridge etc... Then I worked in an agricultural plant bagging potatoes... Talk about dirty work! I also assembled fireworks variety packs, drove a school bus while still in HS. All of these jobs paid minimum wage to start and maybe I got a little raise.. I think the bus driver job I may have started a little higher. Anyway, I never thought for one minute as a teenager that any of these employers was cheating me out of anything. They were giving me an opportunity to make extra money while I was still in school that I could use for my car, clothes, entertainment etc... I was also learning how to work with and for other people in a structured environment (sometimes not so structured). Looking back as a 55 year old man on those part time jobs and others I held while in college and in the military... They helped me become who I am. Those employers did me the favor, not the other way around. That's the main problem with you libs... You think the world owes you something. Nobody owes you or the current crop of kids growing up anything more than maybe a chance. It's up to them to determine what they do with it.
    Bill Davis

Good for you. G.W. has an MBA too and he ran this country into the ground. The profits I stated are from public documents.

Please, he is our president not just mine. How do you square your second and third sentences. On one hand taxes and regulations are killing things and on the other companies and very rich americans are doing great and have been for many many years so they are taking their toys and leaving the country. That seems kind of anti-American to me.

No. I do not think it and never stated it. I simply asked a couple questions about what any of you thought was a fair amount of profit per employee. No one phas provided an answer.

Please tell me where I bashed anyone for their profits? Don't worry, if I start a business, I will. Nothing against capitalism here, as long as there is a full cost accounting in the market.
    You asked "what is a FAIR amount of profit a company should make per employee". Let me answer first by asking a similarily simple question. What do you think is a FAIR amount of the employee income that he(she) should pay back in the event the company LOSES money?

Marvin,

Employees should be paid the value of their work. If someone wants to work for x and someone else wants y it is up to the employer to decide what is resonable.
    If a job is available nobody should be allowed to refuse such job and STEAL( yes it is theft) the hard working taxpayers money!!!
    I do not work so that someone else gets my hard earned money by choice and it is about time someone showed me where they have any right to what I worked for !
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI