RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

puppy name ideas??

4K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  KevinsKennels 
#1 ·
I will be getting another new puppy mid April. Dams name is Lucy Does Ducks and sire is Sam I am. Looking for Registered name and a unique call name. She will be a BLF. Sooo excited!

#2 ·
Also. Eventually she will be kenneled with my CLM. He was with Koda my old female but she unfortunately left us on Sunday to a better place:-( so just curious on when you think they will be safe together. I have a 30x60 outside kennel with a 6x15 inside kennel with two dog houses

#3 ·
Also. Eventually she will be kenneled with my CLM. He was with Koda my old female but she unfortunately left us on Sunday to a better place:-( so just curious on when you think they will be safe together. I have a 30x60 outside kennel with a 6x15 inside kennel with two dog houses
Not in the same one I hope?
Would defer to some Dr Suess books for the perfect name, reading is fundamental (RIF).

#4 ·
Yup same one. I know many of you have different views on this but that's just what I chose. My last two got along great and loved to work together so I want the same bond in my CLM and the new BLF. So im not looking for judgement on this. Im not a breeder or Pro trainer just a guy that loves his dogs and hunting. And possibly going to be doing my first hunt tests this spring!

#18 ·
Are one or both intact? That would be my only real concern, an unplanned breeding. I don't know your adult male, but one of mine adores puppies and is a great mentor, the other wants nothing to do with them. You will have to introduce them and play it by ear. Just start letting them have short, supervised time together, and gradually lengthen the time as pup grows up. BTW, I loved Sammie Does Ducks!

#7 ·
.... Looking for Registered name and a unique call name. She will be a BLF. Sooo excited!
.......Would defer to some Dr Suess books for the perfect name.....
“My alphabet starts with this letter called yuzz. It s the letter I use to spell yuzz a ma tuzz. You ll be sort of surprised what there is to be found once you go beyond Z and start poking around ” - Dr. Suess

Yuzz A Ma Tuzz . . . . call name Yuzzy or Tuzzy and when you belly rub she will be your fuzzy wuzzy
have fun with your pup

#19 ·
My male is intact. But after further consideration I am going to split my kennel up this spring to two 15x15 runs instead of one big one. I am not a breeder nor do I want to offend the breeder community and all that they have worked for by having puppies by accident or just for fun. So ill post pictures eventually of my pups together for the first time mid next month! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.