RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Just in Case You Want to Join the NRA.......

11K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  Jim Danis 
#1 ·
.......Here is the online application --

http://www.joinnra.org

$25 a year, includes a magazine subscription.

News outlets are reporting 8000 new members a day because of the latest assault on our rights.

#2 ·
By way of disclosure, I am a life member of the National Rifle Association and the Illinois State Rifle Association.

For five years in the early 1990s, I was a full-time activist for the ISRA, I served as the Hunting and Conservation Committee Chairman and on the Board of Directors. I lobbied hard at the state capitol several weeks out of the year on the behalf of hunting and conservation, serving alongside our legislative liaison.

The NRA does not just lobby in support of the Second Amendment but hunting, conservation, and yes, even field trials.

#3 ·
Just recently signed up for 2 more years.

#8 ·
Membership is not going to help the mood of the public right now. We need to coincede to certain issues in order to not lose the whole ball of wax.

#16 ·
I could reply to you and Mosco, but it's Christmas Day and I will wait until tomorrow.

#17 ·
To t hose who are still young, you might want to think about becoming a Life NRA Member by taking the payment option. I did it and became a fully paid Life Member back in 1982. I am way ahead of the money game since joining and being so I can afford to send some money to them for the purpose of fighting for my Second Amendment Rights. They need donations to the NRA/ILA and to the Political Action Fund. Here in Tennessee between the NRA and the Tennessee Firearms Association, we no longer have a RINO holding office in Nashville.
Join today and if you are a member, send a donation in to help in the fight.

#27 ·
Both the NRA and GOP desperately needs someone to step up that can articulate a message. Both stand on sound principles but have NO ONE that can tell their story effectively. The NRA missed a HUGE opportunity when they sent Lapierre out there last week... Obama isn't successful because of what he stands for, he is successful because he can speak effectively.

#29 ·
Kurt Russell needs to step up.
He and Goldie Hawn are avid shooters.

They would make a GREAT spokes-couple!

#21 ·
BTW - not sure it is still going on but the NRA was offering lifetime memberships for $300 last month IF you have a lifetime member sponsor you. Great deal and a $700 savings.

#23 ·
If you find out that this is still true, let me know....I just looked and couldn't find anything on their website.

#22 ·
Just re-upped. Thanks Kevin!

Evan

#24 ·
Anyone who is a life member wish to sponsor myself and my husband? Please contact via PM or email (lkshinsato@earthlink.net)

#31 ·
Anyone wanting to join, you can join for $300 life membership with another life member sponsoring you, that's $700 savings. I just joined and also signed up David. Anyone needing a sponsor I'll be happy to provide you with my membership number!

How to:
Call: 1-800-672-388
Select 3 and wait on hold for a few minutes.
Provide the sponsor's membership number and pay the $300.

Lainee

#33 ·
Lainee, thanks for the update, and thanks for leaving the thread here.

#35 ·
In tangential support of the NRA (Patron member, nothing tangential about my support) our club had an issue with the Fish and Wildlife Service regarding HT and FT. While the NRA is a one issue orgnanization, I contacted them and was sent straight to their chief lobbyist in Washington. While she couldn't help me because they are a one issue organization and there was no direct link to the second amendment, she put me it immediate and direct contact with someone who could help. The responsiveness was incredible.

#38 ·
We exist in a media driven society, there is a message and the physical appearance and demeanor of the messenger is paramount. When the messenger has a bad haircut, a deer in the headlights look, and a decidedly defensive posture the message is lost, not to those who support the message but to those who are neutral or negative but susceptible to persuasion. The only thing Wayne Lapierre could persuade me to do is change the channel as I know he has done nothing more than corrupt the message and make the neutral and possibly persuaded to do the same.

#39 ·
I just upped my NRA membership because I feel we are on some very thin Ice right now for gun rights
but do we ban rocks ,axes ,cars,a nut will find a way to harm anyone they feel the need to
David Jansma

#40 ·
Lainee, could you post the last number of the phone number above. Is it another 8?

#42 ·
Yesterday I upped my Life Membership to an Endowement Membership. Only $250, normally $1000. I read yesterday that the NRA has over 100,000 new members in the last 8 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.