RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Mid Illinois

10K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  MikeBoley 
#1 ·
Open - double and blind. Marks go down, pull dog off and run blind up the middle, then pick up the marks. Dog had to go through a pond for all three birds - thank goodness. Very hot and windy.

Callbacks to water blind: 1 13 14 17 18 21 23 24 31 34 35 38 39 42 44 50 51

Rotation will be #54

#2 ·
#6 ·
It is if you are one of the 5.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Bev has been in the game a long time also. And she has helped out new amateurs as well. I think the point is is that usually we try to keep as many playing in the minor stakes as possible. This was one tough derby. While I didn't run it, I know someone who did. 50% of the dogs were lost in the first series. I am not sure where all this hostility is coming from.

There really is no need for personal attacks.

#16 ·
This time last year..had 2 actually....

I'm not going to get into an Internet battle but I did Marshall the entire trial and watched EVERY dog run. There are people giving miss information that are giving the "facts" here. Don't judge from behind the keyboard...

by the way, many of the competitors commented on what a great trial it was

#18 ·
Why yes I do.

Derby results:
1- dog 11, Curt Showalter
2- dog 33, Francis Keenan
3- dog 32, Tim Milligan
4- dog 4, Ralph Lamley
RJ- dog 14, Tim Milligan
JAMs- dog 8 and 21, both Frank Purdy

And here are the facts--
30 dogs started, there were 3 scratches. 21 dogs were carried to the 2nd. 19 were carried to the 3rd. 6 dogs did the last series with all the pick ups and drops coming from handlers that ELECTED to pick up when dogs were blatantly cheating...THOSE are the facts of the derby

#23 · (Edited)
And here are the facts--
30 dogs started, there were 3 scratches. 21 dogs were carried to the 2nd. 19 were carried to the 3rd. 6 dogs did the last series with all the pick ups and drops coming from handlers that ELECTED to pick up when dogs were blatantly cheating...THOSE are the facts of the derby
thanks Jamee...... I find it amusing that the person who ran the derby couldn't even get the facts straight. ;) But I am sure in their mind it was true.

What people who have never been to these grounds don't realize is that the grounds themselves are pretty challenging.

But all people were asking for was what the placements were. I took the original question as being just out of curiosity. There was no battle until someone decided to pick one. Really not the place for BS.

#21 ·
My pleasure :). It was a really fun weekend

And yes it did. I was just typing a separate post with the results

#20 ·
Qual results:

1- dog 26, Tony Despanas
2- dog 12, Jimmie Darnell
3- dog 18, Ken Mattson
4- dog 6, Roger Moon
RJ- dog 5, Sharon Giermann
JAM- dog 22, Rick Bullock

Open: 1- dog 17, 3- dog 50, and 4- dog 38 (all with Tim Milligan.
2- dog 42 Jimmie Darnell with Mercy
RJ- dog 39
JAM- 51, 1, 13, 18, 24

23 back to the water blind in the AM. Don't have callbacks sorry

#22 · (Edited)
congrats to John Daniels on his new QAA'D dog!!! (Handled and trained by Mr. Darnell.). Where is the picture John Daniels? :D

#25 ·
I have the feeling JTS thought shots were being taken at the derby judges and was coming to their defense. It appears to me that the "debate" was a two way street. One just jumped off a little quicker than the other. I think the points have been made. Lets get back to some trial results or back slapping of handlers on this board, eh?

#30 ·
Congrats to Tim Milligan on an outstanding weekend! Way to go Steve and Boo too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.