RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#246 ·
How concerned is the NCAA and the BCS about an Urban Meyer coached Ohio State team running the tables and going unbeaten and winning the Big Ten championship

#275 ·
Dustin, I have to agree with you. There are many formidable places for opposing teams to play but none rival Tiger Stadium on a Saturday night.
And after this win over the Gamecocks, the Bayou Bengals are now 47-1 Since 2002 when playing @ Night in Death Valley.

Bama is next on the Night Schedule.....and if the odds play out just right(Not likely) we could have another 1 vs. 2 on our hands. Lord help the talking heads if that happens.

That one loss was to Tim Tebow in 09'.

I think it's understood that the Tigers are a different animal @ Night, add in the 93,000+ Crazy *********'s cheering them on and the odds increase :D

Where we don't play good is 11:00 a.m. with the chickens like we will next weekend. LOL!

#256 ·
I'll copy myself from last night on Facebook.

Now, for all you Chicken Little/Bandwagon Fricks, GET THE HELL OFF. This is LSU. You're either with them or against them. They have yet to be perfect, but ya know what, that's scary for a team coming to DV around Nov 3rd. Geaux Tigers!!!!

#257 · (Edited)
Typical SEC game, physical D and great RB's. Game wasn't as close as the score. I want to see some Steven Rivers at QB! LSU's D line is as good as it gets in College Football.

Beating the 3rd ranked team in the nation was sweet!

#261 ·
Right on Richard !!! LOL

#267 ·
What'd everyone think of the weekend? I thought my Tide looked ok, doing what they do to opponents. It appears they need to work a little on the mental game and special team coverage.

Overall there was some good games. LSU looked more like LSU this week. Auburn continued the trend they're on.

So LSU fans, is this the excitement y'all expected out of ole mett? Of course the o line has played into his ability a little, but they're doing exactly as i thought and are a good team as i've said plenty of times. I just remember having this debate ( http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?88446-College-Football-FINALLY!!!-GDG/page3 ) with a few of y'all of what i expected out of lsu game plan with ole mett vs others perspective. I don't know why y'all cant accept a "game manager" as a QB. We've won 2 of the last 3 Ships with a "game manager" type game plan lol

#269 ·
Roseberry, Luckily i don't remember the reign of ND being only 24 yro. I do hear alot of stories from dad and grandpa of how much they've hated ND over the years. It's apparant the media and people that be want ND back in the spotlight, ND def gets the attention year in and year out for as long as i've been following CFB. I guess it's just hopeless thinking on my part that with 3 undefeated teams ND would be left out. The tie breaker would be two key words. NOTRE DAME.

Now that we're on the ND kick, i do shed a tear or two watching Rudy. Him sacking that GT QB and getting carried off the field, just a feel good story!

#274 ·
Roseberry, Luckily i don't remember the reign of ND being only 24 yro. I do hear alot of stories from dad and grandpa of how much they've hated ND over the years. It's apparant the media and people that be want ND back in the spotlight, ND def gets the attention year in and year out for as long as i've been following CFB. I guess it's just hopeless thinking on my part that with 3 undefeated teams ND would be left out. The tie breaker would be two key words. NOTRE DAME.

Now that we're on the ND kick, i do shed a tear or two watching Rudy. Him sacking that GT QB and getting carried off the field, just a feel good story!
Had a couple of lady engineers work for me - One from ND & one from Marquette - ITO the sun rises & sets where they walk so it is just not the FB team - being a BB fan I used to ask them regularly if any of the white Catholic boys played on the hardcourt or if they had to import their entertainers from the ghetto :). It's a good day when ND gets beat at anything!!!!!!!!!!

#271 ·
First of all, it's a bit early to talk about three undefeated teams. There's a higher probability of a number of one loss teams fighting for a shot in the big game. I'm not sure ND can win out, but if they do why shouldn't they be in it? Their wins vs ranked teams from different conferences speaks for itself. Other than a TV contract, that is a huge benefit of an independent schedule. It removes the speculation of this conference vs that one. I'm a big fan of SEC, but what happens if there's not an undefeated SEC team, and 2 other teams that are? That's when the real problems start!

Mike

#272 ·
First of all, it's a bit early to talk about three undefeated teams. There's a higher probability of a number of one loss teams fighting for a shot in the big game. I'm not sure ND can win out, but if they do why shouldn't they be in it? Their wins vs ranked teams from different conferences speaks for itself. Other than a TV contract, that is a huge benefit of an independent schedule. It removes the speculation of this conference vs that one. I'm a big fan of SEC, but what happens if there's not an undefeated SEC team, and 2 other teams that are? That's when the real problems start!

Mike
A one loss SEC team is still the best team in the nation. No other Conference has the quality of teams that the SEC does. This season; LSU, Bama, So Carolina, Georgia and Florida. Oregon plays in a weak Conferenece and other than playing Oklahoma, who does Notre Dame really play? USC and Notre Dame always get the hype they don't deserve!

#273 ·
It's not a problem Mike. They'll just do what they've always done.

Crunch The Numbers!

Strength of Schedule(Vital) has to be looked at,
Number of Games> Where a Conference Championship comes into play,
Measure of win/loss> as per the voters

This is why Houston, whether they won out or not last year, STILL wouldn't have made it into the BCS SHIP Game.

#277 ·
Easy fellas, I said I'm an SEC Fan... If there were a legit playoff system, I think it would likely be 2 SEC teams in the finals. However, in the current system, it is pure speculation (or computer speculation), as it was with the previous system. On paper, ND plays as solid of a schedule as anyone outside the SEC. Oregon has looked good so far too. As for the Houstons and Boises, it's hard to put them in the mix with the big boys when they only play one or two decent teams a year. Much easier to "get up" and beat one or two decent teams than it is to go through the weekly grind of the big boys. Then if you throw rivalries into the mix, you can throw out the records, because it's going to be a tough game regardless of the rankings. I think LSU is a better team than the way they were playing prior to beating SC, but is that win diminished if SC craps out on the rest of the season? (which they have before) It shouldn't but how does it factor into the BCS if SC loses a couple more games?

Mike

#278 ·
how does it factor into the BCS if SC loses a couple more games?

Mike
SC losses would be calculated in.

This is also the reason the Computers loved LSU last year. LSU beat Oregon for the season opener, then Oregon went on to win 12 games, similar with WVU. Then LSU beat Bama who also went on to win the rest of their games.

*angry face*> looking back at the 2011 schedule. ANY other team in the nation and we'd have bought home the crystal. Twice in one year, not a chance.

Man that's going to hurt for a long time.
:(

#283 ·
I've just not bought into that ND is a nat'l title team. People want to give Alabama a hard time about their schedule up to this point. But what about ND and who they've played up to now? I've heard a ba-zillion times this years about how the ND win vs Mich was a good signiture win, how they beat a illusive denard robinson michigan team bla bla bla. Michgan turned the ball over 6 times, ND should of beat them as bad as bama did, its pretty bad to not capatilize on that many turn overs and only win a game 13-6. The same ppl are down playing the michigan team that alabama THUMPED to start the year. I think in two weeks, Oklahoma is going to beat up on ND pretty bad. That'll end the talk for ND.

#284 ·
People want to give Alabama a hard time about their schedule up to this point. But what about ND and who they've played up to now?
Probably b/c based off of SOS alone, they have played a harder schedule than Bama and b/c their like USC and OU. They are loved from....when these NOW 50+ year old sports talkers were playing.

I'll agree with you about ND as of now, but Bama doesn't play South Carolina, Florida or Georgia this year.
So their only signature win is against a Big 10 Team that they played in Tuscaloosa. Same with LSU

So Bama also only has 1 chance left at a signature win, when they play LSU b/c I'm not buying the CowBells tune.

Bama opponents are 19-19 and their next game is against the 3-3 Vols.

#286 ·
I hear you on the whole "Death Valley at night" thing. But Alabama has historically done pretty well down there regardless of the kickoff time. Weren't we supposed to lose last January because we were playing in LSU's backyard or something like that?

Just kidding. I am hoping that Alabama can make it to November 3 undefeated so it will be just as big a game as it was last year and looks to be for some time.

Also, if things go to plan, Alabama will get the best of SC, Fla, and UGa in Atlanta for a winner-take-all matchup.

#288 ·
In honor of one of our past members Bob G............
ROLL TIDE !!!

#289 ·
the way the schedule plays out, the schools that lost a game early may end up near the top as opposed to those that may eventually lose late in the year....ND will lose to either OU or Southern Cal, possibly both...OU can run the table and win the Big 12...the USC vs Oregon game will end up either knocking UO out of the MNC or give USC some traction into claiming a shot at it....IMO all the teams are playing for ONE spot, the chance to play Bama for all the marbles...dont forget about FreeShoesU

#291 ·
the way the schedule plays out, the schools that lost a game early may end up near the top as opposed to those that may eventually lose late in the year....ND will lose to either OU or Southern Cal, possibly both...OU can run the table and win the Big 12...the USC vs Oregon game will end up either knocking UO out of the MNC or give USC some traction into claiming a shot at it....IMO all the teams are playing for ONE spot, the chance to play Bama for all the marbles...dont forget about FreeShoesU
Bama still has to play LSU at Tiger Stadium and at night. LSU has the revenge factor on their side along with as stout a D as one will find in college ball. I expect Bama to come out of that game with a bloody nose even with LSU's marginal QB. I expect Hilliard, Ware, Ford and Hill to wear their D out.

Looking at schedules, Oregon has the easiest route and any SEC(LSU, Bama, Florida, SC) team would be licking their chops for a chance to play them for the entire enchallada.

#290 ·
I think it is time for Mack Brown, Univ of TX, to go. The Aggies are finding a way to win this year instead of just the opposite.
I think they are going to have their hands full this coming Sat with LSU. The Aggies could actually win eight games this year. The possible victories: Sam Houston State, Auburn and Missouri. Miss State is playing awful good right now but.... And there is not much of chance against AL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.