RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Poster post numbers

10K views 46 replies 33 participants last post by  kjrice 
#1 ·
I have always been amazed by how many posts some have to their credit. Sometimes I feel like I post a lot-too much even. But I have only 550 plus. Some have 5-6-7000!! I was just shutting down the computer and heading down to the duck camp for a shoot tomorrow when I noticed that a thread I had offered solutions on was being answered by others somewhat differently. Then I noticed that 7 others who had different advice had collectively almost 30,000 posts. That's enough to make anyone question their own post validity. No wonder some lurk!:)

Glad I'm going duck hunting though!

Cheers

#2 ·
I have always been amazed by how many posts some have to their credit. Sometimes I feel like I post a lot-too much even. But I have only 550 plus. Some have 5-6-7000!! I was just shutting down the computer and heading down to the duck camp for a shoot tomorrow when I noticed that a thread I had offered solutions on was being answered by others somewhat differently. Then I noticed that 7 others who had different advice had collectively almost 30,000 posts. That's enough to make anyone question their own post validity. No wonder some lurk!:)

Glad I'm going duck hunting though!

Cheers
Nonsense! You don't post too much ... more like too little. There are lots of internet Rambos who seem to have the answer to everything. I hope the post count for most of the other folks is reflective of the fact that they have been on the site for several years. That's my excuse, anyway.

#3 ·
I've been on RTF for way too long and I mostly post GDG - I use to try and help with training advice, but for a few reasons I decided it wasn't worth the brain damage and who the heck wants to hear what I have to say?? So I stick at what I'm good at - GDG! :) And yes you don't post too much!!

Enjoy the duck hunting, I'm heading to elk camp tomorrow evening for about 10 days, can't wait!

#6 ·
decided it wasn't worth the brain damage :) !
(LOL) I wish I'd take this quote to heart, I try to keep my posts to a minimum. I only check RTF sparingly, and only post when I feel I may have something to contribute, from personal experience. Perhaps another way to look at something or add to the discussion. Then I leave off and don't touch the thread, give everyone a chance to have their say, check back later. Prevents much brain damage that comes from pointless quarrels and bickering. Still I've learned many a time Quantity does not equate to Quality. Jewels can come from anywhere, a person with no posts might hit the nail correctly. So I hope different people will keep posting and add to the discussion.

I head to Utah at the end of the Week, 7 days looking for the Big buck, or by the 5th day any buck. ;) Only down side is I'll miss Duck Opener, so I'll have to catchup when I get back. With adventure like that to look forward to. Sure makes the internet seem a tad boring. To everyone heading out, Good Luck on the Hunt.

#4 · (Edited)
The dog I have, when I first stated posting on rtf ,,will be 12 next week.

Point taken Dennis!
I have bee reprimanded on several occations , not to spend so much time here!

its a social thing for me,, cause a my looser lifestyle.

Second shift drone in sector "C" regards.

Gooser

#8 ·
Dennis, I apologize for intimidating you with my post total but most were done before RTF ceased being fun, these days most of my contributions are informational or supportive.

And for those long tenured enough to remember Gut stopped by yesterday. We had a nice chat, he still has his real job and is scouting part time for the Orioles.

#11 ·
Dennis, I apologize for intimidating you with my post total but most were done before RTF ceased being fun, these days most of my contributions are informational or supportive.

And for those long tenured enough to remember Gut stopped by yesterday. We had a nice chat, he still has his real job and is scouting part time for the Orioles.
It was fun to say the least,, for a Low Life like myself, to be able to rub shoulders and "Rib" a pro ball player...
He actually axed me once about a 'Fix" fer his truck!!

Imagine THAT!!!

Gooser

(OOOPs just added to the thread total)

I will stay away,,, I will stay away,,, I will stay away:):)

#9 ·
I used to have more posts than I do now - a bunch got lost during a janitorial accidental sweep;) I never offer training advice - I leave that for others. I am also just a GDG type of girl - congratulations, sympathies, etc.

#10 ·
I need my daily retriever fix(es).

#13 ·
Hope Gut is doing well.

I don't post a lot anymore either, especially about training, although I've been an RTF'er since it was part of the Fuge. Geez, that was like 1998 or so. :p

#14 ·
Been around a while. I learn more by listening especially to ones like Dennis, Dr Ed and others. One of these days I hope to post about a blue ribbon.

#15 ·
I do more reading than posting.

#23 ·
I used to post a lot more. I remember discussions with Shayne about force fetching and going toe to toe with Alec.

The count reset in 2003 but I've been around for forever. I remember when the "count reset" Shayne had like 12k posts or something like that.

Most of the people that were around in the beginning don't post anymore or very infrequently. Alec, Shayne, Joe S, Cray, Pat F to name a few.

Most people on this board would not know who Qui Chang was. I do miss the old days.

WRL

#25 ·
I always suspected Joe was Qui Chang. Anyone know for sure?
Or is it still a secret?

What is GDG regards,

JS

#27 ·
I to miss the old days. not quite as civil and more fun. When someone was being stupid they were told. I miss the drama and battles Like Marvin and KG discussion about judging. The Angie or Melanie giving someone a good slap down. The Poocah shell thread. My post count went from 1 or more a day to that many a month now. Sad....

#30 ·
Thanks Susan, had a good chuckle reading the first few pages of that thread again!! Miss a lot of those folks on here, not near the entertainment, or for that fact knowledge :cool:Still good to see those names and folks around.

Miss the Petals Regards,

Aaron

#31 ·
Thanks Susan, had a good chuckle reading the first few pages of that thread again!! Miss a lot of those folks on here, not near the entertainment, or for that fact knowledge :cool:Still good to see those names and folks around.

Miss the Petals Regards,

Aaron
I know.... and ya know what Aaron? I still haven't titled a dog in Duck Seating.... maybe Dennis can help?
:D I am not sure if they seat ducks the same way in Canada as in the U.S. though...

http://www.retrievertraining.net/fo...1-WILL-NOT-SEAT-ON-A-DUCK&highlight=seat+duck

#34 ·
I'm into irreverent humor (did Ise spell the right gooser) and a good old fashion fight, especially among the rftettes.

We need some more Icons/sticky's to let us know when a thread has gone fun- jello babe sticky, fat dog/skinny dog sticky, pointing lab sticky, cat fight sticky, booze sticky, hell when a thread just gets rediculously stupid we could give it a gooser stciky!

#39 ·
We need some more Icons/sticky's to let us know when a thread has gone fun- jello babe sticky, fat dog/skinny dog sticky, pointing lab sticky, cat fight sticky, booze sticky, hell when a thread just gets rediculously stupid we could give it a gooser stciky!
Here's some I stole from another site that's kind of anything goes. These are some of the cleaner ones.

This is one of my favorites..."Can't we all just get along?"

And another of my favorites

#37 ·
Susan, contrary to what Mr. Dennis said, they do have Duck Seating titles in Canada. They are FTDSC and AFTDSC. I also have it on good authority they aren't nearly as hard to get as they are in the United States. Easy peasy. But it is still a site to see those obese show dogs trying to master the art.

#45 ·
I still read the forum regularly. Certain aspects of the sport are just a very dark cloud for me, but daylight is about to break-through very soon. I do miss the people and keep in touch with a lot of my dog friends, who have become real friends over the years.

I quit going to trials, so nothing to add there. People throw a hissy fit if I talk about EE (not that i care AT ALL about that, but Chris is a long time buddy and i don't want him harassed on my behalf about what i say on a public forum) ....

And I recently found out Dogs Afield was sold (yes I'm a Principal/significant owner and found out after the fact), so I don't really have much value to add by posting and there are no questions for me to respond to. And I am certainly not going to give dog training advice LOL.

I'd have to be near 20k posts if you add in the reset. 19,908 of them were GDG.

SM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.