RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Will Santa Visit Your Young Pro or Assistant?

6K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  Happy Gilmore 
#1 ·
Well that depends on you. These young guys and gals work their Arse's off for little pay and free time.
They are committed to the sport and the dogs. Most of the big Pro's do pretty well and get most of the credit
for their kennel. But behind the scenes we know that these assistants are doing alot of the dirty work.

So make the effort to take them a card and some cash for the Holidays, it will mean alot!!! :D

I was going to take one young man duck hunting in the Arkansas green timber after Christmas.
Just found out yesterday, he has vehicle problems and can't afford to repair his truck and come hunting.
I feel really bad for him, I know he was all jacked up.

Make the effort to show them you care!!! :D

JMHO

Gregg Leonard

#2 ·
take good care of your Vet and your Vet Techs...they will always appreciate a cookie platter, a large can of assorted popcorn,or a platter of cupcakes...or maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant for your Vet, or a nice bottle of wine... You just never know when you may need them to save your best friend

#16 ·
#4 ·
That goes for the hunting guides as well, many guides work for a larger guide service many of my friends that guide get 100 bucks a day which has to pay for their gas, and time setting up decoys and taking them down and dealing with their wives after hunting all day- the tip money keeps momma happy

#5 ·
Well that depends on you. These young guys and gals work their Arse's off for little pay and free time.
They are committed to the sport and the dogs. Most of the big Pro's do pretty well and get most of the credit
for their kennel. But behind the scenes we know that these assistants are doing alot of the dirty work.

So make the effort to take them a card and some cash for the Holidays, it will mean alot!!! :D

I was going to take one young man duck hunting in the Arkansas green timber after Christmas.
Just found out yesterday, he has vehicle problems and can't afford to repair his truck and come hunting.
I feel really bad for him, I know he was all jacked up.

Make the effort to show them you care!!! :D

JMHO

Gregg Leonard

X2 lets not get this thread off on all the deserving folks that help us and our dogs. The Assist Trainers and BB are often looked over. They really love dogs or they would not be doing what they do.

#8 ·
Yep, just make sure they send A Lean Grade!!! ;-)

Gregg

#11 ·
Gavin, your wife is the single most important part of the equation whether or not she participates, that she does is probably good, that she approves that you participate is critical. My advice, keep her happy by whatever means you have at your disposal.

#22 ·
Actually he works in a building that also houses the Womens Basketball team :D

The unhappy news is that living with them water rats has burned out his smeller.

Good news/Bad news kinda thing regards

Bubba

#23 ·
sometimes we don't always see a blessing when bestowed upon us. Thank you Jesus!

#24 ·
IMO - giving something at Santa time to someone like the birdboys reeks of a selfish action though laudable that the recipient is someone who can use it. How many of you increase the tip at Xmas or add something extra for the tradespeople who wait on you all year. Or give to the truly needy with a donation to some worthwhile charity.

I can remember recently taking our son's family to dinner at a mid scale restaurant to celebrate 2 B-days. When the bill came I paid + a healthy tip, both in cash - the waitress came back & inquired if I had done that intentionally or had made a mistake. When I told her it was intentional she stated "I wish all the folks who ate here felt like you".

I don't know about most of you but I was there at one time, it's nice to feel that someone recognizes your effort, even verbally.

#26 ·
I'm awaiting the delivery of same for presents :cool:.

#27 ·
I think Kens syrup, food and booze are great gifts for friends or customers.
But I also think that CASH is the gift of choice for assistants and bird boys.
They may need the money to make it to family for the holiday, buy groceries, gifts etc.

No matter what you do, Do something!!!

Happy Holidays,

Gregg Leonard :D

#28 ·
I took care of my Pro's assistant this past Wednesday when I was down working with him and my pup. The last 4-5 years I've done something for Thanksgiving and Christmas for his assistant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.