RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

North East Pro

7K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  lbbuckler 
#1 ·
I'm looking for an established, successful FT trainer for my new pup. I have a few I like but they are far from my home. Looking in NY, NJ, CT or RI. Any leads in those states would be appreciated

#11 ·
All good choices, but Rick is the only one I would consider a NE pro. Alan takes a summer trip to the Tug Hill region from about the National Am until the end of September-ish. The rest of the time he is down here. Ed spends his summer between Schenectady and Syracuse, winter down in Hartsville and the rest of the time in DE. The Millheims are in NY but winter Jan-April down in Cheraw area. So, if you pick any of them, your dog will be in the neighborhood at least in for a few months. Let me know if you come visit.

Also, since Malcolm left, Alan doesn't do as much with the young dogs, so unless you are going to go with a young dog pro, he might be a better choice when you see what you have. Both Ed and Rick do young dogs.

#13 ·
All good choices, but Rick is the only one I would consider a NE pro. Alan takes a summer trip to the Tug Hill region from about the National Am until the end of September-ish. The rest of the time he is down here. Ed spends his summer between Schenectady and Syracuse, winter down in Hartsville and the rest of the time in DE. The Millheims are in NY but winter Jan-April down in Cheraw area. So, if you pick any of them, your dog will be in the neighborhood at least in for a few months. Let me know if you come visit.

Also, since Malcolm left, Alan doesn't do as much with the young dogs, so unless you are going to go with a young dog pro, he might be a better choice when you see what you have. Both Ed and Rick do young dogs.
I know Forry does his own young dogs.....Who Does the young dogs at Millheim's ? Does he still do it himself ?

john

#5 ·
Jim Pickunka in Conneticut, Pond View Retrievers (pondviewretrievers.com). Has worked wonders for my guy! Oz

#12 ·
I haven't met her but from the field trial results I've been seeing I would have a chat with Lois M for sure if you're starting a new puppy.

#15 ·
All the recommendations are great.

#16 ·
Check out Jason Baker, Baker Retrievers, for young dogs. It's what he specializes in. His track record is superb. BUT he is in Georgia and Minnesota.

#19 ·
Shhhh, Josie, don't tell everyone about Jason. But, if they look at your site they will see he is the leading Derby pro in the country.
Also, it seems like he Qualifies a dog or two every weekend. Just saying!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.