RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

lodging options for Giddings, TX.

4K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  M&K's Retrievers 
#1 ·
Going down for a week of training in late Feb. - Early March. Prob just myself, maybe another adult. Looking into grabbing a hotel or pulling my camper. I don't need anything fancy. Anyone have any other options/ideas?

Thanks
Kevin Polley

#9 ·
Kevin : if you are pulling a trailer/camper, you might want to consider staying in Bryan/ College Station at the RV park and make the drive to Giddings/Fayetteville..its been awhile since I have been there, wish I could be of more help, but maybe the Heise's or the Helgoth's will come along and give you a real update since its their back yard

#11 ·
Lake Bastrop has rv parks and is about 25 miles from Giddings. Another option is Lake Somerville (about 30 miles)....there are a couple of places to park your trailer there as well. Bastrop certainly has far more to offer in terms of scenery, eating options, and leisure time.

#13 ·
The Best Western in La Grange is very nice. There is a La Quinta in Brenham, also.

#16 ·
"If" you were going to bring a trailer, Roger Fuller has some pads on various properties around the area with full hookups. I agree on the negative reviews of America's Best Value Inn. Best Western does not allow dogs in their rooms. Not sure about Executive Inn, it doesn't get great reviews on Trip Adviser. Ramada, so so. We are coming down for a week in February, know the area fairly well. We feel the best bet is to stay in Bastrop at Comfort Suites. Their rooms are awesome, they allow pets. $75 a night and well worth it, closer to better restaurants, grocery stores, etc. I stayed there for one night last year before getting an early flight to Austin the next day and was thoroughly impressed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.