RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,352 ·
Congrats to all the Alabama faithful and fans alike...your team was clearly the better team in the game and except for on misstep during the season you were clearly superior to everyone else

You may now use the word DYNASTY......ROLL TIDE

#1,354 ·
Great win for Ala!

Did anyone see the Facebook photoshoped view of the OK football helments? Normally the logo on the helment is an OU with the O and U slightly overlapped. Someong added in "ch". So the helment logo read OUCH.

So an Ouch for Notre Dame also.

#1,355 ·
I have to say is Gig'em!!!

#1,356 ·
BCS and a 4 team playoff won't work. It needs to be an 8 team playoff. 4 from the SEC East and 4 from the SEC West. The rest of the teams can play for 9 through whatever in the bowls and get the advertisement money. ;-)

#1,359 · (Edited)
The bad thing about last nights game for Teo is that he was exposed. If he played against that level of competition all season, we would have never heard of him. Seems like a great guy, but probably picked up way too many awards that may would have been more fitting elsewhere. IMO his draft stock sunk like a stone.

Sort of like Brian Bosworth's alter ego.

#1,361 ·
brian courser,
you are a great fan. congrats on a great notre dame season. college football and this thread have been a bunch of fun. i hope the irish are tough next season and we can all be right back here talking junk next august!

jmc

#1,362 ·
Tiger Fans might be a little more quite next year. We are 1-3 in our last 4 Bowl games and just lost a good bit of 1st/2nd Rounders.

Next year could be another cheap bowl, hopefully 8 win season.

I'm not sulking, but I'm not looking as forward to 2013-14 as I was 2012-13.

It is what it is.

#1,363 ·
a few minutes ago golic talking to davis said, "everyone assumes eddie lacey will declare for the draft and he is projected in the second round." greenie replies, "second round? that guy looks like earl campbell!!"

#1,366 ·
That game last night might have cost Te'o millions! ND looked like Louisville was supposed to look against Florida.....wait.....is Florida in the SEC....:)

Alabama outclassed them Regards,

Aaron

#1,369 ·
So QwackWacker, whose name do I put on the donation?

ND managed to make AL look like a bunch of first rounders - it will be interesting to see how many go in the 1st & make it as Sunday players ;).

#1,370 ·
Nothing is going to change. The SEC will continue to dominate the first two rounds of the draft as they have for the last 15 years and Bama will continue to be one of the larger contributors. Last draft thay had 4 players taken in the first round and all were starters in the NFL this season.

#1,371 ·
Could anyone tell me who the projected top 3 Rookies of the Year are and which SEC schools they attended??

Let's see.....was it;

Baylor
Stanford
Wisconsin

Interesting.

No disrespect to the SEC, the disrespect from SEC fans to the rest of the country gets old.:cool:

#1,377 ·
I was just sent this and there is nothing on Snopes one way or the other!

Best Tailgating

1. LSU
Nobody cooks like the Cajuns. Walking among the tailgaters here is like strolling through one of Emeril Lagasse's restaurants. RW once joined a group serving jambalaya, duck and oyster gumbo, stuffed quail, deer sauce picante, wild duck, cochon de lait, Cajun sausage, crawfish etouffee, rabbit, alligator stew and marinated pork tenderloin. And that was for a non-conference game. More important, LSU plays most games at night, which means you have an entire day to soak it in. The only downside is you may not be able to get yourself into the stadium by the time kickoff rolls around.
So there you have it, a fair, balanced and completely impartial list of the best tailgating campuses in America. By the way, Ohio State fans have no doubt noticed their school did not make the list, despite the 100,000-plus passionate faithful surrounding the Horseshoe each game in one of college football's best and most spirited gatherings. That's because Road Warrior's alma mater recently lost to the Buckeyes and hasn't gotten over it, yet.

#1,379 ·
#1. University of Wisconsin

Wisconsin is one of the most unique tailgating experiences in all of Big Ten football. The Wisconsin students don’t only get rowdy when “Jump Around” hits the PA system—they party down before the game.

With rumors of such delicacies like the Bratburger—a burger that consists of brats—and endless flows of beer and cheese plates, the Wisconsin experience is the best in college football.

Another staple at a Wisconsin tailgate—good beer.

Wisconsin does it right on game day.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

This is what my rankings show as #1........

#1,381 ·
BTW------Tip of the hat to Alabama, when I was growing up, Alabama and the "Bear" were the standard!!!

I have heard disheartening rumors that the SEC may reduce the salary cap next year!!!!!:D

#1,394 ·
I've been very quiet on RTF this year about Bama Football. It was not supposed to be our year. As Saban said, this may have been the biggest group of over-achievers and least talented team he's had at Bama in the last 4 years. I told my husband the night of the SEC championship game that THAT game should be the National Championship game. That game was unbelieveable. I can honestly and proudly say I pulled for all the SEC teams in their bowl games - especially GA. That being said - here are my thoughts from last night.......

1 - ROLL TIDE!!

2 - Did anybody else hear the ESPN announcers say on pregame that Johnny M. was on the Bama sidelines for the game? I thought that was pretty interesting.

3 - I thought Kelly's interview at halftime was.... wow is all I really know to say about that. The only chance they had was if Bama didn't come back out for the second half. wow. Even if you are thinking it, how in the world can you SAY THAT??? What kind of hope does that give your fans or team? Still scratching my head over that one.

4 - I thought the ND players handled themselves VERY well after the game in their interviews. Very CLASSY.

5 - I thought Golic handled himself well this morning, too.

6 - Why did they keep going after Dee Milner? That made no sense. He's our best deep cover guy.

7 - Barrett Jones is a BEAST! Torn ligaments and all - one on one most of the night, he needed no help on the big nose from ND.

8 - Bama's O-line had something to prove - and they did. Convincingly. 5+ yards most of the time before the RB's were even touched.

9 - Lacy/Yeldon - wow. 100+ yards each, and Cooper with 100+ yards on top of that. Arm tackles not allowed.

10- AJ MCCarron! - what a QB - WOW

11 - I love Nick Saban - 3 out 4 - what else can you say?

12 - NUMBER 15 BABY!! ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Ok. I'm done!

#1,403 ·
Notre Dame was a 3 loss(Pitt, Stanford,USC) team masquerading as an undefeated one....whether by divine intervention or immaculate reception they were exposed last night as a pretender to the throne...personally I would have dropped them out of the Top 5 in the Final AP poll after their miserable showing....the BCS might have gotten the matchup they wanted, but the POLLS got it wrong this year

#1,404 ·
I would agree about smash-mouth football in SEC, and getting through the league without a couple of losses. As a "Yankee transplant" dog guy in So. Ga. during winters, it reminds me of Big 10 basketball--smash-mouth without benefit of protective gear! Go Golden Gophers! (And Dawgs next season).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.