RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Raffle for our church Ideas?? GDG

4K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Brad 
#1 ·
Im trying to help wife get raffle items for or church raffle, bake sale and our garage sale. Been trying to get some of my vendors to donate. Its for our parking lot fund and Womens Missionary Babtist .
Small church but growing fast ,Any Ideas
Mostly country folks ,Thanks, Brad

#2 ·
When we did this we went to the local car dealer, tractor dealer and local merchants in the area. They were really good with donations to raffle off.

#3 ·
Don't know if this would work for your church, but I've seen churches and schools in my area raffle off a prime parking spot for services for a year. In some cases the winner gets a reserved sign with their name on it. It has no intrinsic value so the church gets it all (except if they get a sign). Could work especially if the fund raising is for a parking lot!

#4 ·
Brad: how about a fishing or hunting excursion, surely someone has a boat and either knows Lake Fork well or can find the hybrids on Tawakoni...maybe someone has a great dove lease and is willing to take someone opening day...my pastor keeps hinting that he wants to go elk hunting with me, but its not that easy to draw a tag and he likes to hunt with a boom stick whereas I hunt with a stick and string

Are there any other services that church members can donate: contractors, handymen,wood cutting, brushog or clearing services...How about getting the teens to donate babysitting time

#5 ·
The most popular things to raffle at our church are usually guns. True story.

The other thing you might consider is services. Like is someone is handy... they might raffle their time to go work on someone's house for an hour or so.

#7 ·
I won the services of a painter at an event last year. Local painter offered their services to come in and move furniture, paint two rooms, and move furniture back. Made the wife happy and I didn't have to paint. Win win!!! Maybe you have someone local or a member of the church willing to offer their services.

#8 ·
You need to get a paving contractor to join the congregation. Lots of good suggestions for raffle items. I see ya'll are Baptist. Probably rules out hitting up the local liquor stores for items. A good wine or some specialty spirits usually go well in the raffle at our local Quail Coalition banquet.

Churches around here are always barbecuing half chickens for fund raisers. Served with a dollop of beans & potato salad or rice, they go over well.

#9 ·
We typically do some sort of cooking. Fry turkeys around thanksgiving, smoke pork butts, something that takes a good amount of effort that people would rather buy than do. It has worked very well for us. If you are in an area where hunting/fishing is big then those bring big money at times. And I've found that many sporting goods stores are very quick to help out a church.

#10 ·
Another good ideal. I lltry some of the local stores close by in Arp. The lake is a about 60 seconds from the church.
My HVAC guy is donating 2 maintenence coupons.
We are having a garage sale, bake good sale, raffle, Consesion stand and other stuff.
Shoot even asking feed stores might be good.
Thanks Folks

#14 ·
NOt a raffle, but worked great for our football team fundraiser. All the members of the football team were auctioned for a specific amount of hours of service to whomever rented them for the day. Usually turned out to be yard work, or light manual labor. Didn't cost a dime, people bid and all the money went to our football program. Just a thought.

#16 ·
It was actually pretty fun. I tilled gardens, cleaned out garages, planted flowers, mowed grass. Even delivered a lady her groceries. Somebody rented my services, and told me to go see Mrs. Cunningham. She was 82 years old and one of our biggest fans on Friday nights. No matter the weather, she was always there cheering for us.

#17 ·
Hold a cow chip raffle.
Take a field and put a bunch of squares / grid on it.
Make up a board with the squares / grid on it. And sell the squares
Label the top of the grid horizontal Letters A-Z (?) or what ever
Label the sides vertical 1-?

Pre sell the squares
When raffle day comes put a well fed cow on the field.
Where ever the first / largest cow chip lands there is your winner

Example square E-3 is the winner

Make the board to the size you need then make the field big enough to match the board after it is sold out or as full as you want.

Charge ? amount for each square.

#18 ·
I love this idea we got a guy that rides his horse to church and his dog hangs out in parking lot while in church. Im thinking even a cow pie tossing with the sqaures would be fun too. Iver got cow turds donated if I get it approved by the church. How big would you make the spots on the bingo table. If it gets oked I might take my dogs if he wont with his horse

#19 ·
Here are a few things I've had donated before for charity auction items.
Round of golf at a local course. Set of golf lessons by local pro.
Had a bank donate Texas Rangers tickets as they had season tickets. They donated a weekday game and it sold very well in auction.

#21 ·
This is a bit different issue though it could be adapted.

I've often thought that a really logical ad for the back of field trial/hunt test catalogs would be a discount on car washes. Time and again I've pulled throgh a town after an event and seen truck after truch waiting for a self-help car wash.

That said, how about auctioning a car wash a month for a year. The vendor doesn't have a big investment to give away and folks would bid on it. Around here they run $7-10 so the package would be worth $84-120.

#23 ·
Thanks for the Ideas. I picked up some more stuff from concrete supplier, lumber yard. Ive called a local photographer about photo ( thanks for the Ideas). Im still thinking about the car wash, but since we dont have a parking lot yet i dont know but may try it any ways

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.