RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

New Purina Packaging

14K views 44 replies 23 participants last post by  PMG 131 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen the new PP packaging? Has the weight gone down again?

#33 ·
Odd. Always been 37.5lb bags in Spokane.

#12 ·
The puppy food is 34lbs. I bought a bag last night. Here is the new puppy food packaging. It has a yellow lab on it now. Use to have a Golden on it ....

#16 ·
Yes I bought mine in Port Huron Pet Supplies Plus and if I had my card got money off. Still much better deal than in Canada!!
Do not like the picture they chose for the front on any of the packaging!:(

#22 ·
Have any of the formulas changed, or is it just the packaging? Is the "Sport" the same as "Performance"?
I just phoned Purina and asked. I was told the new Pro Plan Sport (All Life Stages) is the same 30/20 Pro Plan Performance formula, just with a new name. No change. I have a Petco coupon for a free bag to use within the next few weeks, so I guess I may be able to compare the old and new bags side by side for myself.

#18 ·
I got my introduction last night to the old bags, but new prices. I used to pay $42 for 34lb bag of adult chicken and rice. The performance was always $44 for 37.5 lb bag.

Last night, they were both $47.99. Regular was 35lb and performance was 37.5lb. That sure does stink. Thankfully I only have one dog, so I am only going through one bag every 2 months. I usually waited until I had a 10% off coupon before buying, but Tractor Supply has not sent one out recently.

#23 ·
Just bought another bag yesterday...new packaging but formulas the same (performance/sport) and the bag size didn't change...nor price. This was at Fleet Farm.

#24 ·
There are coupons everywhere for Purina feed. I havent paid full price for a bag in over 2 years. Mostly $5 off, but its better then nothing.

#25 ·
For anyone with multiple dogs (seems like maybe you are supposed to have minimum 3 or 4 but not sure about that) sign up for Purina Pro Club! You save your weight circles and mail them in - they send you back $7 checks to apply to food purchases. I just sent in approx. 9 mos worth of circles (feeding 4 dogs) and will get back (20) $7 checks ($140). When combined with the free bag for each 10 I buy (at Petco), the sale prices which I use to stock up, and occasional other coupons it probably represents at least a 20% saving off normal shelf price. In addition, if you are a breed club member and 'register' with Pro Club for your club - they donate (based on weight circles) toward health and rescue annually. Our (Chesapeake) charitable trust gets approx. $1300 annually, with a matching amount going to AKC Canine Health Foundation on behalf of our club. So in essence I am donating for canine health and rescue by using PPP.

#31 ·
Do your dogs get really bad breath from this stuff? My dog does great on it, but his breath is just rank. His teeth are clean, almost no tarter.

#34 · (Edited)
I bought 3 bags of the 'Sport' today and compared with one of the sample bags of 'Pro Plan Performance' (both purple bag 30/20 with the same dog).... Look closely and you will see the recommended feeding amount went up a tad on the new stuff-- even with the same guaranteed analysis and ingredients. Not sure why this would go up with a change in the bag? Either way, it suggests that you would get fewer feeding days out of each bag.

(By the way, the Sport bags here in Monticello, AR are 37.5# for $43 each)

I need coupons too, or I may go back to Diamond Lamb & Rice

#35 ·
It is the same weight in Port Huron. And I believe it is $45 but Pet Supplies Plus usually gives coupons or on your receipt from your purchase is $3.oo off next purchase which is nice. If you go in on senior days:) another percentage off. Wouldn't change. Great food!

#39 ·
Funny I have one sitting at home. Could not find a single 37.5 pound bag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.