RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#690 · (Edited)
Hummmmm???????????

We will take LSU, Bama, K-State, Oregon or Notre Dame or whoever. Spurrier and his boys again included.

If the Dawgs continue to show up, ....... lets roll......GO DAWGS!

#693 ·

Wife's dad is a wildcat, so I'll second that!! ;-)

#696 ·
My Aggie Sister posted this on her facebook page earlier this evening.......

GIG'EM, Ags! Fightin' Texas Aggies beat the Everlivin', Everlovin', Compound, Complex HELL outta 'bama! WHOOP!

College Station is going crazy tonight

Whoop!!!!!

#697 ·
Much as I (and most of the Ags I know) lament the loss of our old rival (exactly whose horns are we sawing off now?), tonight's victory felt REAL good. Must be a bit like Jack felt when that beanstalk cracked. Would love to be in Aggieland tonight!!!

#698 · (Edited)
Yup, Ducks got no defense. Pick it off then let the offense score on 1st play.

Estimated BCS:
1 DUCKS
2 KS
3 ALABAMA
4 NOTRE DAME

#705 ·
I knew it wouldn't be long before these Drums started beating. ESPN is as bad as the Main Stream Media these days.

A&M beats Bama in BD Stadium, a week after Bama played their most physical game of the year and 'ELITE' Status is already being pushed around for A&M LOL!

Make room in the SEC for another elite program. Texas A&M is here, and its first-year boss -- now a Missouri win from possibly being the cutthroat conference's coach of the year -- is the catalyst.
http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...erformance-alabama-plus-week-11-takeaways-ncf

#706 ·
Aggies haven't been in the SEC long enough for me to have developed any specific animosity (let alone hatred) for anybody,
I don't think this is reciprocated, I'm absolutely sure the Aggies are on Bamma's hate list. :)

#707 ·
Well, now, yeah, but I kinda like them so far. ;-)

#709 ·
#711 ·
howard and hpl,

ta&m's and bama's football history's are related in many positive ways. there is no hatred by bama fans toward a&m for their win. i have seen nothing here from bama fans but positive congratulations for a game excellently played and won.

is any bama fan resentful that one of bama'a, a&m's and one of college football's most respected retired coaches, Gene Stallings was pulling for his alma mater last weekend? no, we still love him and we are proud HE brought ta&m into the sec.

is any bama fan resentful that in 1968 former bama and a&m coach and legend Coach Bryant carried one of his protege's, a&m's Coach Stallings off the field on his shoulders after losing the cotton bowl. no, it is one of the proudest moments in bama football history.

all bama fans are thankful that Coach Bryant was proven in his role at ta&m. without a&m's display of confidence and commitment, Bryant's career and bama's history might have been very different?

is any fan resentful that ta&m stole away coach franchione? hell naw. sorry 'bout that one aggies!;-)

enjoy, because this loss for bama is like being the boss and stepping on a piece of gum walking down the sidewalk on your way to a lunch meeting. as he walks forward, some of those who aspire to his position will comment and giggle momentarily. the inconvenience will wear off the leader's sole before he gets to his next meeting.

#716 ·
is any fan resentful that ta&m stole away coach franchione? hell naw. sorry 'bout that one aggies!;-)

enjoy, because this loss for bama is like being the boss and stepping on a piece of gum walking down the sidewalk on your way to a lunch meeting. as he walks forward, some of those who aspire to his position will comment and giggle momentarily. the inconvenience will wear off the leader's sole before he gets to his next meeting.
Boy oh boy did coach Fran's star fizzle, I heard he was back coaching at Southwest Texas State, now known as Texas State, where his success launched his career to TCU and beyond.

Anything to the rumor that Saban is getting the NFL itch?

#714 ·
Not yet! I went to Academy Sports last week to buy shotguns shells and they didn't have one. Then, I went to dreaded local WalMart, surely they would have it as it is where Bama fans love to do all of their shopping. They didn't have it either so Saturday I order one on line.

I'm out of town till Thursday, hopefully it will be in my mail when I return.

Great weekend of Football! LSU stomps Ms St, Saints beat the undefeated Falcons and the UL Ragin Cajuns lost to #5 Florida Gators with two seconds remaining in the game. The mere fact that the Cajuns didn't get blown out in Gainsville was a victory.

#715 ·
My wife is out shopping. She left with two things for me on her list:

New water jug for dog training
Johnny Football jersey

#717 ·
Did Saban have a previous hitch in the NFL between LSU and AL?

#720 ·
While I didn't rememberthe details, I thought Saban had a bad experience in the NFL. So, why would he want to go back to the NFL?

He's a hero and practically worshiped in AL.

#725 ·
I had told A&M fans here that the Aggies could go +.500 every year in the SEC and that they'd most likely hover around (7-4/8-3)

Johnny Football is good, but to expect this kind of performance for the next 2-3 years? Doubtful. We've seen it time and time again. Whether it's the Explosive Dual Threat (Freshman or Rookie) their First Year is incredible, sometimes mindblowing. The following years.....eh not so much.

We'll see.

#728 ·
I had told A&M fans here that the Aggies could go +.500 every year in the SEC and that they'd most likely hover around (7-4/8-3).
Well then it surely must be true from the RTF college football expert....oops I forgot, that's Jacob...;-)

Trust me on this one Dustin, in the post R. C . Slocum years if A&M fans could depend on 8-3 in the SEC every year they would be delighted, at least for a little while!

#727 ·
Johnny Football jerseys haven't made it to Ft. Worth yet.

#729 ·
I am being told by much more ardent followers of all things TAMU that the athletic dept only designates two numbers to be licensed each year and they had no idea that the # 2 jersey would be in such high demand,after all he was a red shirt freshman, would hate to see all the store get stuck with jerseys they dont want..same sources are saying that the athletic dept is now scrambling and negotiating how to cash in on the JF craze

#730 ·
Johnny Football jerseys were supposed to go on sale this past Monday in College Station. But they haven't made it this far north yet.

#733 ·
Roseberry, You can count on it. My wife is looking for JF kerchiefs for the dogs.

#737 ·
Are you kidding the Irish? They aren't in the SEC therefore they are irrelevant on the RTF. Good Gosh if we had a vote on RTF for a BCS 4 team playoff it would be LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, TEXAS A&M, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee,........you get the picture cause noone else is well relevant.:p

#740 ·
He has been found but I missed the news story on it this morning. And is okay.

#742 ·
Note to ESPN. Dallas is north of College Station.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.