RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What's with the cow pies?

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  BJGatley 
#1 ·
My dog Shadow had a slight limp after training yesterday. It was fine this morning. I gave him the day off but let him tag along with me while I set up this morning. When just moseying around he found a fresh cow pile and rolled on his back in it. Then began to eat some. I stopped him and took him to a closeby pond for a couple of happy bumpers in the water.
Then we resumed setting up and Shadow found another cow pie and repeated. I cleaned him off again and put him on stakeout.

Rowdy has more discreminating taste as he prefers horse poop.

#3 ·
Try rolling and tasting one and maybe you'll know, then you can let us know what the hub bub is. LOL

#4 ·
LOL! Just yesterday we were out training in the Nat'l forest. The Chessie got to a huge pile of Elk scat that was still green and steaming. Oh boy! He took a bite, rolled in it for a bit then another snack! His collar was covered in it as well as his back and neck. He smelled awful (he thought it was great)! I insisted that hubby bathe him before he could even go into his kennel and gave Ralph my shampoo. When I went out to the kennel later the new smell almost knocked me down. Now he smells like a French House of ill repute!!!

#6 ·
TMI!!!

Yuck regards,

#11 ·
My girls like goose poo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.