RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

training with lanse brown

9K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  huntinman 
#1 ·
my good friend gregg leonard(golfandhunter) and i just spent the last couple of days training with lanse brown. we were treated like visiting royalty at the incomparable grounds of "rerun south". lanse was open and free with his advice and instruction. this visit will yield benefit to me, my current and my future dogs forever. for a man like lanse to take time to work with a green am wannabe like me is remarkable. i do not think i have ever enjoyed training dogs and making a new friend more!

speaking for myself and gregg.....thanks lanse! it was a BLAST!

a pic of lanse and my girl "quiz".

Dog Canidae Sporting Group Dog breed Carnivore

See less See more
#2 ·
Lanse is a very generous guy. He has invited me to train, and made sure that I knew that his one rule was, DOGS MUST SLEEP IN THE HOUSE! :D

#6 ·
My time spent with Lanse will never be forgotten, one of the coolest dudes I have ever met. :cool:
It was like being at a Seminar, Lanse is a genius. We "trained" both days, not just run marks and Blinds.
Lanse is truly dedicated to helping amateurs and newbies and keeping the sport alive.

If you have the chance to spend time with Lanse, jump on it, he is a Legend!!!
I will be going back asap while he is in Alabama for the winter.

Thank You, Lanse, your the best. :D

#8 ·
My time spent with Lanse will never be forgotten, one of the coolest dudes I have ever met. :cool:
It was like being at a Seminar, Lanse is a genius. We "trained" both days, not just run marks and Blinds.
Lanse is truly dedicated to helping amateurs and newbies and keeping the sport alive.

If you have the chance to spend time with Lanse, jump on it, he is a Legend!!!
I will be going back asap while he is in Alabama for the winter.

Thank You, Lanse, your the best. :D
Unfortunately for many, you need to be prepared to reap the full benefit of that time. Lanse is, after the recent passings of a couple of others who trained their own dogs, one of the few that still does the daily grind trying to learn more about the sport. It's unfortunate that he has slowed down his judging as he could set a test that could bring out the best & the worst in a dog, but was always fair & challenging.

Lanse is a really nice guy. I talked to him for a while at Atlanta's FT. He invited me to come over and train too. I haven't yet but I want to. He is quite funny. I can't repeat any of his stories though.
If anyone in this sport should write a biography complete with all the tales of times past it would be Lanse. & rest assured it would be a best seller in any venue :).

#7 ·
Lanse is a really nice guy. I talked to him for a while at Atlanta's FT. He invited me to come over and train too. I haven't yet but I want to. He is quite funny. I can't repeat any of his stories though.

#9 ·
The most fun I ever had in the field was training with Lanse, which I did many times over the years. He's a good friend, and was a great client. He has a real love of the sport and for the dogs.

Evan

#10 ·
The most fun I ever had in the field was training with Lanse, which I did many times over the years. He's a good friend, and was a great client. He has a real love of the sport and for the dogs.

Evan
You trained his dogs? I know as of just recent he has started to use a Pro but for the most part I could of sworn he did his own training?

I've been invited to train on his Montana property before, but its a haul from Colorado...I also only have so many vacation days...and yes he is quiet the character. I still remember the first time I met him, I had to ask others who he was....he did leave quiet the impression.

Lainee

#23 ·
I can't agree more, I've been thinking about stuff he told me constantly.
I will be down there every chance I get to listen to him preach the dog gospel.

#19 ·
I don't know about training with him, but the one time I spoke to him on the phone, he discovered I was a hairdresser. Being excited to chat with a dog training stylist, he requested that I bring enough haircolor to match his whole body to his head if I ever made it down to train! Red was the choice...

#25 ·
I didn't, but I did eat the brownies, am I gonna be ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.