RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

GRHRCH British Labs?

16K views 51 replies 25 participants last post by  Camo9244 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how many GRHRCH Labs are British Labs?

#5 ·
Doesn't UKC keep some sort of record of all this stuff? Not necessarily the type of lab but the titles and pedigrees? Looking at a pedigree of one should be obvious with the unfamiliar euro titles. Otherwise, the lines common to the performance labs should be strikingly obvious.

#7 ·
Doesn't UKC keep some sort of record of all this stuff? Not necessarily the type of lab but the titles and pedigrees? Looking at a pedigree of one should be obvious with the unfamiliar euro titles. Otherwise, the lines common to the performance labs should be strikingly obvious.
On the HRC website there is a listing of GRHRCH dogs, owners and color. Doesn't identify field vs british. However, it has not been updated since around May 2012. I'm still waiting to see my boy's name on the list since he received his title in Sep 2012.

#14 ·
I have no idea but wouldn't be surprised if in the near future they dominate the event.

Lonnie Spann

#20 ·
Chris Jobman was running a British dog at the fall grand. I believe he has 1 pass at the Grand level.

#23 ·
What makes it British? Was it born overseas and imported?

#25 ·
All of his grandparents were in the UK. Spud (sire) was an import after getting his FTW- which is a designation not really a title, not sure how old his dam was when she was imported. So that would make Kiffin an american born UK dog. Kind of like an african american, or in my case- Polish american :)

There is one FTCH MH in the U.S. FTCH Rockenhart Voyager MH, many HRCH and MH dogs, a scant few QAA dogs, and I personally know one HRCH UH MH MNH HOF dog. That one truly is a UK dog, he was conceived in the UK and his dam was imported pregnant. Not sure if this was done due to the better health care, so the dog could run for president, or if they were just trying to have the litter so that the mother could stay in the country as a migrant worker. :)

#26 · (Edited)
All of his grandparents were in the UK. Spud (sire) was an import after getting his FTW- which is a designation not really a title, not sure how old his dam was when she was imported. So that would make Kiffin an american born UK dog. Kind of like an african american, or in my case- Polish american :)

There is one FTCH MH in the U.S. FTCH Rockenhart Voyager MH, many HRCH and MH dogs, a scant few QAA dogs, and I personally know one HRCH UH MH MNH HOF dog. That one truly is a UK dog, he was conceived in the UK and his dam
was imported pregnant. Not sure if this was done due to the better health care, so the dog could run for president, or if they were just trying to have the litter so that the mother could stay in the country as a migrant worker. :)

I recently was fortunate enough to aquire a little pup BLM from Double TT British Kennel in Sylvia,
Kansas, that pup registered as TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD. Trad's sire is HRCH TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN MH and his grandsire is HRCH UH CRAIGHORN SPUD MH.

I have had the wee Trad since 10/23/13 and he is a wonderful little pup. Highly social and quick to learn, he has been a joy to work with thus far and has all of "the genetic right stuff" to be both an incredible gundog and hunt test dog. I look forward to seeing this pup TTF CRAIGHORN KIFFIN TRAD develop and have great hopes for the wee lad in both arenas.

Slainte Mates,
Irishwhistler

#28 ·
There is one 500 point HRCH/MH "british dog" snooring away under my desk at the moment. Not that she cares from where her momma and daddy emigrated. The only time I had the time to run it and tried to enter the grand, fedex botched getting my entry there on time, the "no exceptions" clause was invoked and we stayed home. Such is life.

#29 ·
Are some of these British dogs your talking about collar conditioned or not? I have watched people train without ecollars and the problems they run into on their British dogs. There are several around me that have Brits and don't use ecollars. They don't plan the game and have admitted the trouble they have. I agree with I'm sure the majority that u have to collar condition to have the advanced training.

#34 ·
I'm not sure if some of you are genuinely asking or just being sarcastic. A dog is not a citizen, such as a human. A couple moves from Scotland to America and has a child, that child is American. As far as ancestry goes, he's Scottish (at least 1 generation prior, who knows past that).

Everyone on this thread ought know that calling a lab British has little to do with where the dog is born. It only has to do with the ancestry of the dog. Does the dog have an ancestry of Labradors who have competed in American field trials? That's an American lab, as described in these conversations. If the dog has ancestry of dogs who competed in British field trials, that's a British dog.

There is a distinction between British trial lines and other UK/European trial lines... So an Irish FTCH isn't a British FTCH, but British is the catch-all for UK dogs when discussing them in America (much to the dislike of some Irish guys I know!)

Of course, there's always mixes and everything in between... Just hoping this clarifies that a dog doesn't have to be born in England to be a British lab, nor is calling a dog born here a British lab improper usage of the term.

#37 ·
So what do you call a British decendent trained with American methods....

#41 · (Edited)
So here's my question:

Why do Irish potatoes come from Idaho?

Just wondering,

Lonnie Spann

#45 ·
Spag,

Were you trying to figure out if dogs that have not been trained using a collar have ever passed the Grand?

Janet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.