RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

House guest. NAFC Grady

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Chad Baker 
#1 ·
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Canidae Mammal

Grady spent the evening with us. He had a great first trial of the year at North Alabama,placing in both all age stakes, winning the Amateur.

Jack

See less See more
#5 ·
This reminds me of the joke of the talking dog who sold for $10... (Guy sees ad, goes to house. Dog tells him he worked for the CIA listening in on meetings, etc. - embellish this as needed... Guy asks why he's only $10. Owner says, "He's a damn lyer. He never worked for the CIA.")

I hope some of his talent rubs off on the Unbehaun pack. He'd be welcome to stay at my house!

#6 ·
This reminds me of the joke of the talking dog who sold for $10... (Guy sees ad, goes to house. Dog tells him he worked for the CIA listening in on meetings, etc. - embellish this as needed... Guy asks why he's only $10. Owner says, "He's a damn lyer. He never worked for the CIA.")

I hope some of his talent rubs off on the Unbehaun pack. He'd be welcome to stay at my house!
And to take Keith's idea further, it reminds me of an Amateur stake I ran a few years ago. A friend of mine had her FC offlead and my truck doors were open. My kids were in the back seat having a food fight or spilling their snacks or something. The FC looked over, stepped his front paws into the back of the truck, and grabbed some chex or crackers.

I looked at her and said

"Thank you. Now at least I can say I've had a Field Champion on my truck!"

#9 ·
Thanks to Jack he got a ride half way to Boston so he can get in some water that is above 40 degrees! He has had two water blinds this year before this trial and two short water marks my water was in the high thirties! Me and the kids are going to Disney for spring break so Gman gets a short vacation at Lardy's for a little warm water work himself. Its a great thing about the people you meet running trials almost all of them are willing to help each other out like John did me when I asked him if he minded.
There was no hesitation in his voice he was truly more than glad to help, his wife's first words were how many cups of food does he get and he can sleep in the house!! We all like to win but most importantly we like the opportunity to compete and be good stewards and sportsman of the game. Jack is not only a historian of the game he lives a great example of how we should treat each other so this sport can survive for our sons and daughters. Thanks again CB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.