RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Expanding Launcher Controls

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Brokengunz 
#1 ·
Hello, I have trolled the threads on here for a bit, but this is my first post. I have a dog that I am training myself mostly for personal hunting but have plans to run UKC then AKC hunt tests. She is on the verge of running seasoned tests and I recently broke down and purchased a son of a gun winger and tritronics pro control. I have a friend that is going to lend me a box launcher and was hoping to run it of my 1-controler until I could purchase another set new or used. My question-has anyone used a cable longer than 15 ft and if so what type of cable was it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Carlton Greer

#4 ·
jargin issue, :cool:
might you mean you are doing single retrieves with multiple gun stations by using 1 launcher with 3-5 stick men and moving the launcher from one gun station to another?

and you want to run a cable to another gun station?

walking singles are a live person with a pail of birds/bumpers walking in the field throwing for you

#7 ·
I run two launchers with one Dogtra receiver and a 30 ft cable. Actually, I bought two 15 ft cables at Radio Shack, but usually plug them together. They were a standard "audio" cable of some sort. I bought "stereo" because that's all they had, but they work fine. (dogtra sells a 15 ft cable for a lot more than Radio Shack.)

Typically, I set this up with one SOG and one box launcher throwing opposite directions.

#8 ·
I run two launchers with one Dogtra receiver and a 30 ft cable. Actually, I bought two 15 ft cables at Radio Shack, but usually plug them together. They were a standard "audio" cable of some sort. I bought "stereo" because that's all they had, but they work fine. (dogtra sells a 15 ft cable for a lot more than Radio Shack.)

Typically, I set this up with one SOG and one box launcher throwing opposite directions.
And that reliably operates the release?

I would think that there would be too much voltage drop with a 30' run of lightweight audio cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.