RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Puppy pen flooring

10K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  skyRose 
#1 ·
Trying to get new ideas for flooring of the puppy exercise pen. Any ideas?

#3 ·
If this is for indoors just go to home depot or where ever and get a piece of cheapest lino they have. Size it about 2-3' bigger than pen. Duct tape edges to floor if you want

#5 ·
If you're setting up for a litter another thing to get from Home Depot is a water heater pan. 3' dia plastic 3" high. Fill with wood pellets and top with newspaper sometimes.

#6 ·
I used linoleum. Super easy clean up, but tough on the pups because it's very slick. And watch out if there is the slightest tear. All of a sudden, that little tear is more fun than a squeeky toy!! One of the pups wound up at the vet because she enjoyed eating what she ripped up.

#7 ·
I built a whelping box out of some leftover finishing wood and then stapled a plastic tarp on for the flooring, worked good for a while but the pups are wearing it thin in a few spots and is leaking a bit now, I think the Lino idea is a good one - one other thing I have found that keeps box a lot cleaner is the potty patch - fake grass on a plastic tub/ grate they are all using it to aire themselves still some just smell it and go off the edge but at least keeps the mess in one area

#8 · (Edited)
Hi Doug,

Hey Breck said, If you're setting up for a litter another thing to get from Home Depot is a water heater pan. 3' dia plastic 3" high. Fill with wood pellets and top with newspaper sometimes

Use the Dry Den pellets (horse stall pellets found at the feed stores), pups go & do their business like cats to kitty litter. I was amazed how clean the litter floor was once I started using it.

#11 · (Edited)
It is good idea to cover the bottom with a plain metrical such like aluminum or plastic.
It will be easy to clean and would be very easy to maintain it for a long time.
Also have some fun of slipping there sometimes..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.