RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1st Annual RTF Training Jamboree!

85K views 490 replies 87 participants last post by  Rnd 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, this has been discussed many times.
I have talked to the janitor and he approves.
Therefore, I will try my best to make this happen.

#1--We need some smart people that can plan events to help us.
#2--WE need a location that can accomadate probably a dozen or so dogs to start.
(hopefully more!)
#3--We need ideas on the format.

Here is what I have in mind.

Central location, southern IN/IL or St Louis area.
Saturday training, tailgate afterwards.
Pot luck eliminates any cost or catering.
Everybody brings something.

Sunday morning training.

Equipment;
I have 3 SoG's but I am sure there could be enough if a few join in..

I thought maybe we could do a typical club set up.
Maybe 3 or 4 marks various distances.
3 or 4 blinds various distances and complexity.

Some fun competitions like a 5 bird scramble, fastest retrieve etc.
Share your ideas on stuff to run.

Every level of dog would be welcome!!!!

If you could help, pm me please or post here.

WE are going to make something happen.
I am thinking mid-March to mid-April.

BTW--me, Elvis and the Redhead will bring CC cookies!!!:D

What do you think?
Thanks,

See less See more
#371 ·
****ATTENTION*****
The hotel is on exit 129 on I-70 EAST, Casey Illinois.
We will meet at the Mc Donalds right across from the hotel and then caravan down.

Meeting time 7:00 am LOCAL TIME:shock:

#376 · (Edited)
****ATTENTION*****
The hotel is on exit 129 on I-70 EAST, Casey Illinois.
We will meet at the Mc Donalds right across from the hotel and then caravan down.

Meeting time 7:00 am LOCAL TIME :shock:

Everything is in order, Nancy says the water is excellent.
Weather is forecast to be great (bring umbrella anyway!)

mjh got us some pretty good ducks to use!

I hope to get a chance to meet evryone of you and shake your hand!
(doesn't sound right, but you get it)
It will be my HONOR!!

I truly hope this is a fun, memorable event for all!!!!!
We will be busy tonight cooking brats and C/C cookies!

We will hit the road tomorrow at 7:00am LOCAL TIME!!!:cool:

Peace out..............

#379 ·
Suggestion from a friend:

1. no politics

2. no religion

3. no criticizing other peoples dogs

4. no criticizing alternative training methods (lardy vs smartworks) etc

5. its all about having fun and all about the dogs

#380 ·
For those attending the RTF event

PLEASE DRIVE SAFELY........I REPEAT....DRIVE SAFELY...

Play nice with each other

Have a great time

Return home safely to your loved ones....

#382 ·
Leaving at 2:00 PM. Green suburban with WI plates and black enclosed trailer. See you there.

#384 ·
leaving at 11 am tomorrow should show up to casey around 11 pm I am so pumped!!!

#386 ·
Drive carefully Justin, I look forward to seeing you all. I may make you spend the night or at least take a nap if you need it. Haha
Seriously be careful and good luck on the test. Call me on your way and we'll talk and coordinate our schedules I'll see you tomorrow evening and transfer the birds to you for the event
Take care and have fun!!

#385 ·
That's a long drive Justin. Hope your drive is good and safe.

#388 ·
Hey folks, It seems to me that Nancy's contribution to this weekend of fun is being greatly overlooked in favor of others whose contributions consist of bringing hot dogs or a covered dish or something. Everybody likes hotdogs, covered dishes, cookies and the like but that is the makings for a picnic. You can have a picnic anywhere and pick up the ingredients at virtually any grocery store or Wal Mart.
What Nancy has made available to a great number of strangers is a training day on her grounds. She has opened her home to mostly strangers to frolic and enjoy a weekend with their dogs. You can't buy that at Wal Mart. Not only that, she has tolerated some huge ego's selflessly, which I know has caused her some grief. Most people would have said to hell with the headaches & ego trip and pulled the plug on this affair.
Not Nancy, she has smiled through it all and worked her butt off & managed to provide you all an opportunity to have a fun filled enjoyable weekend on her land and her dime. I know she has a lot on her plate right now in addition to the added responsibility this weekend entails. In addition to all that you people will soon learn that not only has she cheerfully provided you all and your dogs a playground to train on; but that that playground is a world class playground for dogs. You will be hard pressed to find nicer training grounds anywhere than what Nancy has gracefully offered up to the RTF community.

I wish I were there right now as originally planned.
Thank You Nancy for all you do

SALUTE!!!!

#392 ·
Mark, I think Nancy is very gracious to do this and allow all of us on her property. I also know that we are all adults and have not yet arrived in Casey IL. You can rest assured that anyone in my family (my wife and I) will be sure to express our utmost gratitude to ALL involved with making the event go on as planned. Especially Nancy, but including the others that made communications about the event with the forum. Since about the age of 18, (which was so long ago I can barely remember it) I have not needed another adult to remind me how to conduct myself in public or private, or when to express appreciation for anything. Talk about egos...

#390 ·
Nancy's my IDOL. I will worship her for donating her grounds aqnd everything. There's also Stan and Chris for organizing this, but they don't rate as high as Nancy. Sorry guys.

#391 ·
Blinddogmaddie, I agree with you.

Personally, I've organized nothing. RTF is essentially the "newspaper" that was used to announce the event. The big thanks go to Nancy and her husband and neighbors, as well as Stan and all of the many others pulling together to pitch in and have a fun training day.

I'll be there tomorrow morning.

I look forward to meeting lots of new folks and to a fun, low-stress, low-pressure day of throwing marks for each other!

Chris

#403 ·
No no. VERY VERY FUNNY FRIENDS!

#404 ·
awesome people...great dogs....gorgeous grounds...perfect weather....tail gate party starting in a few minutes...it just doesn't get any better than this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.