RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2014 (GDG)

378K views 3K replies 109 participants last post by  Migillicutty 
#1 ·
With SEC Media Days almost over with, it's time to get this started. With there be no better place to watch a CFB game, it's probably well worth starting this off about LSU & Death Valley. DV will be louder than ever, & I can't wait for that game in Nov against a certain team. Soooo, enjoy the video.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Go Tigahs!!!!

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/89715017[/video]

#263 ·
Jacob, you have obviously never been to a game in my hometown. But to me the classless part is a bunch of OOS'ers showing up on the State House steps at midnight. The last time that happened, it was Sherman shooting cannonballs from across the river. He burned most of the city, but he didn't get the State House! There are bronze stars in the side of the building marking the spots where those cannonballs hit. We withstood that... But let a bunch of punks from somewhere else hold a cheerleading contest on our State House Steps? No thanks. Midnight yell? Who came up with that? They have insomnia?

#265 ·
Did Reveille bite anybody? If she got too rabid, SowC'lina could always sic a squad of 'Cockpit Boykins on her.

As for the game, you got two teams that ain't had a lot of pigskin prosperity in their pedigrees until recently trying to figure out how to handle it on a national stage. 'Cocks by seven.

MG

#266 ·
I am sure there are many traditions emulating from schools that were founded in the 1800's that some do not understand. Attacking one of those traditions shows poor sportsmanship. The Aggies obtained permission to be where they were.

Does your school have any traditions?

#276 ·
Surely the wily old ball coach did not underestimate the competition. But then he did give 18-22 year olds bulletin board material.

#281 ·
So if SC is the preseason choice as the best team in the SEC East and the home team and TAMU is the third or fourth best team in the SEC West what does that say about the SEC East?

#282 · (Edited)
Well, well. A streak comes to an end. Tex ags smacked them. The old ball coach said "they're kicking our butts" at half time. I guess it's now "kicked".
Now to get ready for the home opener in front of 106,000 fans. I think Kyle Allen will get to play a bunch.

#299 ·
Just as we saw with Manziel vs LSU both times.
Bama and LSU have totally different Defensive Scheme compared to SEC East teams
at least as of lately.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I like offense as much as the next guy, but it comes and goes. Defense and special teams can keep you in the game on those days when the offense is not clicking.

#306 ·
Well somebody underestimated TAMU, ranked 21 vs. SC ranked 9. And USA TODAY said TAMU was the most over rated team in the top 25. Bulletin board material according to Sumlin.

LSU is only favored by 4 points. I'm still staying with LSU.

#316 ·
It is very early but AL is not dominating WV.

#322 ·
UGA has a full stable of running backs. First and second half looked like polar opposites. I think Bobo realized he might want to use his RBs to win.

#331 ·
Gurley was as advertised. Freshmen Nick Chubb and Sony Michel were as well. 298 yards on twenty five carries combined.

After a lack luster first half on defense the guys bought into our new DC's scheme and gave up a whopping 15 yards total offense in the second half. It sure feels good starting the season starting out like that!

Were Georgia and Texas A&M the only teams that over achieved opening weekend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.