RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

National Blog

173K views 636 replies 145 participants last post by  fetchbrowndog 
#1 ·
So far so good.... Its pretty cool to see all the pictures and blog of the Pre-national training. And that picture of Slider, might be the best picture of a retriever I have ever seen on-line. Hope the trial coverage is as good as this.... or better

#469 ·
Re skipped numbers..assume no news is good news?

#472 ·
As a sort of off topic....I noticed Billy Totten was wearing a BLUE jacket in the 9th series. I've been out of running in FT's for several years, went over to the dark side (camo/dark attire) of the HT's since the inception. This is a first for me, seeing a pro handle his dog in Blue. Comments ???

#477 ·
Which dog? Looks like a white coat to me with #41. I didn't see him with a different dog.

#475 ·
#88 Pete did the test - GO PETE!

#479 ·
89 handled

#481 ·
Thanks, Chris..on "Tubb"..Looked back, but missed the explanation.

#488 ·
99 handled

#490 ·
Official fashon police? Queer Eye for the Straight Field Trialer? Thanks for your valuable input.
Yes and this is off topic but I really do like the women's jackets. Certainly not listed in LC or elsewhere? Just wondering!:)

FOM many thanks for keeping us updated. I think all 3 of my picks left are ?.

Thanks to RN again for the Blog and pics Great fun.

Off to work. My weekend but will follow there. :)

#497 ·
105 and 14 handled

#498 ·
I was actually making reference to the post after yours. I can recall many dogs over the past few years that have been dropped after the eighth or ninth that people believed to be clean because they had not been handled.

#500 ·
is it an oxymoron when the blog says " handled back to the bird clean" ....

or when they say the dog traveled toward the holding blind, did it make one think the dog was coming back to the line ?

#508 ·
A very wise person told me many years ago that at a National the mistake you make is not as important as when you make it, in the case of Slider and Holland both handled in series when dropping dogs was not that important. Also the farther away your mistake happened the less impact it tends to have.

Congratulations to Slider, Tubb, Dottie, and Holland all in their first National Championship Stake, and all who we in Texas run against every weekend.

Holland and Dottie are littermates (thank you Kweezy) back for the 10th series in their first National Championship Stake.

#507 ·
NRC CB's to the 10th series.
15-16-40-41-48-50-65-70-76-79-88-96

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.