RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#1,409 ·
Jacob : I know you are an LSU homer but at least give the Champion their props, saying they werent that good smacks of sour grapes...face the fact that it was your team that wasnt that good, even though your self proclaimed prophecy to annoint them as such early in the season proved otherwise

#1,412 ·
jacob,

i appreciate the courtesy you show folks constantly in your posts on rtf. you say yesir and thank you maam to dr.ed, miss sylvia, the caire's and many others throughout the year. you are always first to congratulate others on their dogs performance in trials. i enjoy your admiration and dedication to the great dogs you know and train with, like ali, tia etc. i like that you always state your appreciation for danny farmer and your pros at vinewood by noting the positive impact they have on you, your dog and the sport. i like the way you work hard and play hard. that bowl of christmas dinner gumbo you posted the picture of looked fabulous. in all respects you seem to be a young man that a mother and father "raised right"!

if i am one of the folks who "floored you" i am here to say i am sorry.

but let's face it, your love of your team(which i also appreciate btw) and your seething envy of "the gumps" have caused you to post things in this thread that seriously bring your status as a football prognosticatior into doubt.

i wish you well in the upcoming trial season and i wish the lsu tigers well in their work going into recruiting and the upcoming signing day.

jmc

#1,416 ·
I too like Stanford and if I was a highly recruited kid coming out of High School, that would be my choice. They would have played a better game than ND, but I think Bama was just too much team for anyone to upset.

#1,427 ·
'Bama did indeed exceed expectations. They were the preseason No. 2 and finished No. 1 by winning the national championship. So that's exceeding expectations - though it's all relative of course to what expectations you're exceeding - or unexceeding (thinking of those co-consensus preseason No. 1's the Who and USKitty-LitterC).

MG

#1,429 ·
The over achievers were in College Station. Bama did what they had to do and are the champions. The BCS title game was a joke but until we have a playoff we will get to have these debates every year.

#1,441 ·
Anyone notice the A&M and AL scores were off by only one point. A&M over OK by 41 to 13. AL over ND 42 to 14.
The Aggies missed a PAT.

#1,443 ·
I have watched the game now TWICE because it does me good to see the TIDE ROLL over ND...(the most over rated team ) in the country this year. :):)

#1,445 ·
Hilarious at first but good to read all the way through/

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8827960/sec-hegemony-takes-root-cost-college-football

The sea of blue-clad fans inside Twitter Stadium on San Francisco Bay erupts. Brent Musburger, 86 years old but miraculously looking younger than he did 20 years before, intones, "And your 2025 national champions -- the Kentucky Wildcats!

To which Kirk Herbstreit adds, "That's 18 of 20 for the SEC, and this is the most unlikely champion from the SEC era, a program that really found itself under the leadership of coach Tim Tebow."
When Florida crushed Ohio State on Jan. 8, 2007, to claim the BCS national championship, no one imagined that would be the first of seven consecutive titles for the SEC. While the SEC was widely viewed even then as the nation's best conference, most considered the wide world of college football as too laden with regional powers dotting the landscape for one league to take over in the BCS era.

#1,446 ·
For all you BCS haters/playoff enthusiast. I heard on ESPN earlier that they have decided to have a selection comittee of 16-24(?) people. The guy said they will not go by any BCS,ap,coaches or any other poll out there. He said they will sit down in a room and decide on 4 teams to go to the 4 team "playoff". Could be any team with no curiculum to go by really, they will just be asked to take into account for Strengh of schedule and con. champs.

Would it be to hard for them to just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll to put into the playoff? All day long on the sports radio i listen to they are trying to figure out the 4 teams to go with out a method to the madness. Some of the guys were saying they need to pick the 4 hottest teams at that time. Some were saying leave oregon out due to a head to head loss to stanford and put stanford in. Some were saying put TAMU in the playoff because they had a good back stretch run late in there sch and scrap out the TWO losses they had. It was a even larger mess by throwing in a mediocre undefeated suckeye team.

This playoff is not going to be what alot of people think it is.

#1,447 · (Edited)
Would it be to hard for them to just take the top 4 teams in the AP poll to put into the playoff?
This playoff is not going to be what alot of people think it is.
-Do you really want to go back to the completely biased and purely emotional based AP Poll!?
It's the whole reason that SPLIT/Championships exist in the first place.
-Look at ESPN and other Sports outlets were VOTERS are writing these SEC HAte Articles. You don't think they'll do their best throughout the year with their votes to KEEP SEC Teams from ganging up in the Play-offs ??

-You're right about that ;)

#1,479 ·
Here ya go.

"The Irish went down to Florida, they were looking for a crystal ball to steal. Then the ground shook and that’s all it took as BAMA hit the field. When the Irish came across this young man throwing and passing, playing it hot. The Irish jumped up and said: "Boy let me tell you what:"I guess you didn't know it, but we play football too." And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you."Now you play a pretty good football, boys, but give the IRISH their due:"I bet a POT of gold against your soul, cause we think we are better than you."The boy said: "My name's AJ and it might be a sin, But I'll take your bet, your gonna regret, 'cause BAMA'S the best that's ever been. "Aj, get your boys together and play your game hard .'Cause hells broke loose in Florida and the devil deals the cards, And if you win you get to yell out ROLL TIDE ROLL .But if you lose, the devil gets your soul. The Irish won the coin toss and they said: "I'll start this show."And fire ...flew from their golden helmets as they started out with a throw. And they threw the ball across the field and it made an evil hiss. Then a band of Irish joined in and it looked like a bloody mess. When the Irish finished, Aj said: "Well you're pretty good ole' son."But sit down on that bench chair, right there, and let me show you how it’s done."Fire on the mountain, run boys, run. The Irish in the house of the Sabans sons. Bama in the BCS" Roll tide roll, there goes bama's offence GO GO GO." The Irish bowed their head because they knew that they'd been beat. They laid that crystal ball on the ground at Aj' s feet. SABAN said: "IRISH just come on back if you ever want to try again. "cause WE told you once, you son of a guns, WE'RE the best there's ever been. "

#1,487 ·
Good play for more $?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.