RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Just bought a house in Boston, Ga.

23K views 111 replies 24 participants last post by  golfandhunter 
#1 ·
I am all jacked up, just bought a house in Boston, Ga. The Winter Training Mecca.
I am renovating the entire deal inside and out. Also adding kennels and airing area.
Can't wait to move in after repairs, I will also rent to the right folks.
See my add on the realestate section.:D

#82 ·
Flash, is in Sheyboygan Falls as of yesterday afternoon.
Last week at the vet he weighed 41lbs. at 5 months.
He is healthy, athletic, crazy to retrieve and a good looking boy.:cool:
Sorry, I did not take pics cause I was sick and not thinking.
Craig, said he traveled well and is getting along with the other dogs.
I really miss him already.

#83 ·
Well, the house is rented for the first 2 weeks of December 2013. :D
Me and the Guiders are staying in the house for the Tall Pines Trial.
The Chain link fence and kennels are being installed on Friday next week.
Almost done with all the renovation, taking another load of furniture with me next week.

#84 ·
I've spent a lot of time fishin' down that way with long time friends in Thomasville over the past 30 years, both locally freshwater and on the coast just south of Tallahassee. Was down there first of April for a couple of days, and the skeeters were already at max force! Yikes! Let me know if you need an exterminator for the house ...... I'll get you hooked up with a good local company. Meantime, o-k if Tula and I look forward to visiting sometime in the future? :) We can also arrange to bring Macon, Drake, Cole, Jazz, Stoner, Sam, Murphy, Pippa, Glory, Cotton, etc. if Callahan wants to see her old hunt test pals! :D

Congrats on the new training home!

Rai

#85 ·
Hey Rai, good to hear from you, please come visit anytime.
Callahan, would love to see her old buddies. My new neighbor
caught a 12lb.7o/z Large Mouth Pig in March on his old family farm.
I am trying to make contacts for access to more private ponds and lakes.
I will be working on the house periodically during the summer, let me know
when you are heading to T-ville and we will wet a hook.

Congratulations, I hear Tula is gonna be a Momma!!! :cool:

#86 ·
Update, we had a great time at the Tall Pines trial.
The house had good Karma for the Glen and Jenny Guider.
Glen, took 2nd in the Q, 2nd in the Derby and fourth in the AM.:D
The house may have had bad Karma for me and Reese!!!
After running a nice land blind at the AM, in the rain, we hauled
arse to the house to meet the fence guy. When Glen and Jenny
got back to the house, we were sitting on the front porch.
Reese, jumped up on Jenny's lap and when she was coming down
caught her right leg in the side of the chair. Twist, Sprain, Ouch,:(
and just like that we are done. She would not put any weight on the
leg and Sunday morning we went to the trial to see Dr. Jennell and not
run a water blind. Long story short, she is gonna be OK and is getting
a week off the truck and at home. I should have listened to Jason Baker.
Jason said " go get her from Al's truck, run her in the AM and take her back to Al's truck."
I did not take her back to Al's truck because the AM was 8 miles from the open and I would
have been late to meet the fence guy. I know BONEHEAD!!!:-x

Anyway, the house is really coming along and my work has evidently inspired my neighbor
to clean up his side of our shared pond. It looks awesome. I sent some pics to my Tech Guru:confused:
"Roseberry" maybe he can post a few.

#89 ·
Greg, what a story! Glad to hear that Reese will be ok, but tough break! Sounds like you are pretty busy down their!! Ella picked up a 3rd at Colonial and we are heading to Westchester tomorrow!

Chris

#87 ·
Well I am headed down to the land of my granfather and grandmothers from the Sellman lines this summer. The people in Crawdad nebraska have wax in the the sand dunes. Bison Ga sounds like a wonderful place to camp. In a tent or in the sandunes?

Oh well me and the monsters goldens are headed out. The correction officers little kids loved koa. Koa didn't like the eye pokes. He is nice dog but not at all gun shy. :) Headed to North of Vermonts di mornings :)

#93 ·
I'm trying to figure out if this is the result of good drugs, or bad drugs?

#88 ·
I was hunting about 15 miles south of Boston this past Sunday morning and as I was heading back thru Boston on the way to the Tall Pines trial, I saw some very impressive technical ponds on Grooverville Rd. Those yours?? :)

#90 ·
I wish those ponds were mine, the property on the left is Dubose and on the right is Rasmussen's previously Rovelstadt's.
My little place is a rocks throw to both of those fabulous properties. :cool:
Were you turkey hunting? Did you get a gobbler?

#92 ·
No gobbler on this trip, Gregg; but didn't hunt as late as I usually do due to wanting to get back to Meigs to see my dog run. He did win the derby though so it was worth it!
I did see some guys working dogs on the property that was on my right as I was heading north towards Boston. I hope they give you a key to the gate so you can invite me down.

#97 ·
Nice job on the Derby win Vic, Where do you live? :cool:

#99 ·
Good luck with him, don't over due the derby if you want a well rounded all age dog.

#101 · (Edited)
Good advice. Gregg, and thanks. He's doing triples very well now and will get into Quals in a few months. He's also working on getting his MH passes, too, so we'll see how it all works out. In the middle of all that he gets most excited when we go my farm as he knows the duck pond is nearby. Trials are fun but the real thing is better!

#103 ·
Yep, Farm=Fun Trial=Tough he knows!!!

#104 ·
Update on the house in Boston.
The Grader is coming today to backfill the kennel pad and do some shaping, leveling and seeding on the rest of the property.
We are planting a new super duper centipede, $85.00 for 10lbs. of seed. I hope we get rain and this stuff takes root.:mrgreen:

The floor guy came yesterday and measured the entire house for a new fiberglass backed vinyl that floats and is not glued.
The material looks like hardwood with many colors and plank sizes. Does anyone have any experience with this flooring?
I only want to do this once, at 98 cents a sq. ft. for the material, the price seems right.

Reese, is fully recovered from her injury and we are going to Madison, Ga. today to train with Al and then she's back on the truck.
She has thoroughly enjoyed her time at home and is looking forward to the trip up the east coast for all the trials and training.
Well, that's what she told me yesterday!!! :rolleyes:

#106 ·
Boston update, I bought a new TV for my bedroom at home.
I am taking the 42" LCD to Boston for the living room.
When Reese gets home from the east coast run we are going to Boston
for a week or so. I have the kennel barrels and pvc stands ready to go.
I need to pull up all the carpet and prep the floors for the vinyl guy.
Gonna be hot!!!

#107 ·
The trailer is loaded to the top with furniture, dog houses and lawn equipment.
I have to go remove all the carpet and prep the floors for the vinyl guy.
I want to install the fence and floors on this trip and the only things to
finish will be exterior stucco repairs and painting. When my stucco guys return
from their summer trip to Romania, we will go do the remaining work in July.

Then it's time for fun trips to train, fish and hunt.

If you are interested in renting see the classifieds please.

#108 ·
Gregg,

sounds like a lot of work is coming together.....congrats on the new place!

PS.....I saw Reese with Al this weekend in Maine and gave him a big belly rub for you!!!!

Chris

#109 ·
Thanks man, you yankees haven't been very friendly to Al the last couple weeks. :rolleyes:

#110 ·
my thoughts exactly! some Brutal set ups!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.