RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Apologies to the Janitor but the Garmin website sucks

11K views 34 replies 29 participants last post by  Ten 
#1 ·
So I go to the influentials club website today to order a transmitter only to find it is no longer active and says to check your email for log in information to the Garmin site. Ok, I find it in my email and sign in. Search for about ten minutes trying to find replacement transmitter with no luck. All I can find is new collars and mostly Garmin products.
I go back to the influentials page and play around and find the transmitter listed for $230 dollars. My buddy got one 6 months ago for well under $200 as an influentials member. I want to say it was about $160 but I am not sure.
I go back On the Garmin site I finally found a replacement and it was $209. What the hell?
So does the influential club still exist? If I go to Garmin's regular page the price is still $209. Is there no discount for influentials members any longer.
I am far from impressed with the change so far. Dogtra may be in my future.

#5 ·
We can't participate in the influentials club anymore in Canada......

#6 ·
Give Harriet Siskin, the Sales Supervisor for the Influential Club at call. I have always found her to be very helpful and great to work with. 800-765-2275 x 8522

#8 ·
Thanks. I will give that a try

#9 ·
I recently ordered a collar and they had to email me the discount code. I had to establish a Garmin account and input the discount code and then everything worked great. The people I contacted by phone and email to get the discount code were very responsive and very helpful.

#10 ·
I've pretty much had it with anything from this company since Garmin took over. I'd been a loyal Tritronics customer for 20 plus years but I'm done with them.

Tritronics used to be a class A company that took care of their customers with excellent products and above average customer service. Since Garmin took over they could care less how they treat people.

Changing brands is the only thing that will let Garmin know that their change in business model/philosphy is unacceptable.

Switching to Dogtra regards,

#14 ·
We retriever people like to think of ourselves as important and empowered but in the big world of commerce we are, as it is said, but a pimple on an elephant's a$$! In the past we have been fortunate to have advocates who had influence with small companies that made things we use, welcome to the world of Amazon.com!

#22 ·
sadly, this sums it up. The amount of money Garmin makes from collars is infinitesimal com paired to the rest of their business.

#15 ·
I am also on the tri tronics influential staff. But I am thinking about switching to Dogtra. I need a new collar and 3 new recievers and remote for launchers.

#17 ·
Yep, Garmin/Tritronics deal kind of reminds me of Proctor&Gamble taking over Iams/Euk several years ago. As a "victim" of small company bought out by a biggie many years ago, don't ever buy the "nothing will change" B.S. (I like/use Dogtra, so so big deal to me, but I hate to see image damage to a legit company like Tritronics).

#20 ·
I just called the 800 number and ordered batteries for transmitters.....they sent batteries for the recievers (collars).Called them up this mornining a nce lady apologized for the inconvenience and said to keep them and is sending transmiter batteries at no charge. Don`t think I can complain a bit with that. I have had a good relationship with TT. Jim

#21 ·
I've been told there have been some billing glitches with the point discounts that lean in the favor of the purchaser. Might be a good time to buy multiple collars :)

#23 ·
If any of you are truly interested in seeing what Dogtra has to offer that is comparable to the TT Influentials program...
you can contact Pete Fischer with Dogtra . *His toll free daytime number in Minnesota is.. 888-811-9118 CST. *

#24 ·
I have used Tr-Tronic collars for about 43 years and have been satisfied with them and their guarantees and service. I hope that Garmin will do the same. I just purchased a 3 dog Delta collar and I'm satisfied with it so far. I have heard that Garmin will move faster into new models of collars which is okay unless they leave the owners of older models out in the cold.

#27 ·
Your ahead of me still waiting for that email for the garmin site. sent an email about getting something repaired and no response yet[/QUOTE

Brian like I stated earlier,the number is 1-800-456-4343.Sometimes I have found it is best to talk to a live person.Guess what? They are american and you can understand them! Jim

#28 ·
I did not get the email mentioned, which apparently went out in October.

I called Harriet the morning after I read this thread.

She answered on the first call and immediately forwarded the email in question to me. She also put my number in the system.

All it required was a simple phone call during business hours.

I hope everybody finds true happiness in their choice of training equipment. I'm satisfied using what I use. Everybody deserves to like what they use and be happy.

Thanks, Chris

#29 ·
I did not get the email mentioned, which apparently went out in October.

I called Harriet the morning after I read this thread.

She answered on the first call and immediately forwarded the email in question to me. She also put my number in the system.

All it required was a simple phone call during business hours.

I hope everybody finds true happiness in their choice of training equipment. I'm satisfied using what I use. Everybody deserves to like what they use and be happy.

Thanks, Chris
I think I get where your coming from and why, however.............there is ( or should be) more to all this than simply being "happy".

In this day and age of crappy customer service and inferior products we, as consumers, have become complacent with this new business model and accept mediocre or worse as being "just the way it is" and the "new norm".

This type of complacency from consumers encourages businesses to continue providing less than satisfactory products and service in pursuit of the almighty "bottom line" with little or no regard for the people (we the purchasing public) who support them.

This business model has become the norm because we, as consumers, have allowed it to occur by continuing to purchase those products.

The old Tritronics company was one of the last businesses in North America that provided customers with a superior product and exceptional customer service.

No matter how you want to spin it, this has now changed and no matter how "happy" some might be............................it's a far cry from what it used to be and is truly a shame because once again it all boils down to some over paid executives making "bottom line" decisions that show little or no regard for the people who support them.

So in a way your right. As long as consumers are "happy" with this new way of doing business, nothing will change and in fact will, no doubt, deteriorate further.

#30 ·
I have a Garmin Auto GPS, I just called for support, the times are only Mon-Fri 8-6 CST. The wait to speak with someone was 30 minutes. The recording did tell you that but still 30 minutes to talk to someone in Customer Service is ridicules.

#34 ·
It appears the chickens have come home to roost regarding Garmin's purchase of TT. I suggest you TT folks contact Collar Clinic for the remaining American assistance...I have been fighting w/Verizon for the past month and their incompetent Indian phone staff when the problem has been in their physical DSL boxes about a half mile away. 21st century America !! Outsource it.

#35 ·
Corey I like the title in this topic.. lol funny. I found the Garmin website to be so unuser friendly. I miss the TT website. I could only find two models on Garmin is that all they're selling does anyone know? The 550 and 70. Has the 70 replaced the 90?

Thank you for the contact person and number at Garmin. I need to place an order but was looking for the Field 90 G3 exp.. so is that no longer available. . Go for the pro 70?

Barb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.