RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Angie Becker Challenge

16K views 70 replies 23 participants last post by  Chris Atkinson 
#1 ·
Angie,
Please see my post in your thread regarding "what if I get an MH in two venues". It got kinda long so here is my reply.
"I run springer field trials and all my dogs are force fetched. They can also run decent land blinds. I only trained one of them to run water blinds that I ran in hunt tests. I know they would pass a retriever SH test. I will agree the water work at spaniel hunt tests is quite weak and painful to watch but I would bet some serious money that I could run a field bred springer and pass an MH retriever test faster than you could make an FC springer. There are are a pretty fair number of spaniel field trials in Texas, you would not have to travel far. I would even give you a puppy when I breed my female, you can have pick of the litter if the bet is substantial enough. If you don't like one of mine I will get you one out of any litter you can find. You seem to know alot about spaniels and their field trial gunning and what the dogs are capable of. I will bet you 10 grand. Youngest to accomplish their goal wins. Puppies can come from any litter in the country. "

Lets work something out.

#3 · (Edited)
My good buddy Jere always said don't let your alligator mouth overload your hummingbird ass. And if you know him the spelling is correct, not Jerry. I know Bob M. also and I think he is a good guy who has had some great dogs. This could be a fun bet. Pen raised chickens, cheap champions, easy money. Come and get it.

#5 ·
It's don't let your alligator mouth bite your canary ass... Montler is all about the bet,, His dogs are just, "so so".. In my humble opinion.. He is a good guy and totally about the sport,,, He has yet to own a FC retriever... He just needs to find the right pro.. And the right dog...

Angie

#4 ·
Angie,
Please see my post in your thread regarding "what if I get an MH in two venues". It got kinda long so here is my reply.
"I run springer field trials and all my dogs are force fetched. I only trained one of them to run water blinds that I ran in hunt tests. I know they would pass a retriever SH test. I will agree the water work at spaniel hunt tests is quite weak and painful to watch but I would bet some serious money that I could run a field bred springer and pass an MH retriever test faster than you could make an FC springer. There are are a pretty fair number of spaniel field trials in Texas, you would not have to travel far. I would even give you a puppy when I breed my female, you can have pick of the litter if the bet is substantial enough. If you don't like one of mine I will get you one out of any litter you can find. You seem to know alot about spaniels and their field trial gunning and what the dogs are capable of. I will bet you 10 grand. Youngest to accomplish their goal wins. Puppies can come from any litter in the country. "

Lets work something out.
Seriously??? Your dogs have done nothing but I'm suppose to do something with what?? Nothing?? I'm game but you're challenge is weak,, And I could FC your springer quicker then you could FC my retriever...

You FC my retriever,,, I FC your springer,,,

All FC's are created equal right???

Angie

#6 ·
You would be asking me to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, IE taking a springer and making it do retriever work. All you have to do is let a spaniel be a spaniel. I would bet I can get an MH pass before you get an all age placement. You don't have to title the dog. If you think Montler and the Wharton's have only had so/so springers you don't know as much as you think or Bob is awfully humble. Lay out what you think is fair. My dog's haven't championed out but my one dog does have all age placements. You don't have to take one of mine, pick a puppy from whomever you want. Lay out your terms. I will even let you use an evil ecollar.

#7 ·
Angie,

There's a Springer trial in Decatur the 19-20th of this month if you're interested.

#33 ·
Not knowing much about FT Spanials and their benefactors, for want of a better word....... I, for a moment, thought you were talking about the guy at GM:p

john

#16 ·
Yeah, the best part was the unspoken challenge tripling the bet if Angie could put on an FC on a Cavalier King Charles spaniel. Alas, like ESS running an AKC retriever MH test - or any other breeds besides ESS and cockers running spaniel field trials - it's purely hypothetical.

MG

#27 ·
I'll tell you one bet I wouldn't take is that you would be unable to produce pictures of a Cavalier retrieving a fox or a rabbit or some other roadkill given enough time. I personally don't understand why cockers and springers don't run against each other in the U.S. Seems to work fine In Canada. The only other breed I can think of that may have an outside shot in a spaniel trial is a Boykin, the rest would have about as much of a chance as a curly coated retiever at a retriever trial.

#37 ·
#40 ·
Springer Amateur, never placed in an open. Only ran a couple because I agreed to gun the amateur because I had no intentions of going to the National amateur last year. Both my trial dogs were trained by a pro and I give him all the credit for any of my meager successes. I also have another friend who trains retrievers professionally and he has helped me with two of my dogs and he deserves some credit also.

#48 ·
anyone foolish enough to bet against Ms Becker , well bring your money to Vegas and throw it on a roulette table because you stand a better chance...Honestly you wanna bet against a professional gun dog trainer that does this 24/7 365 days a year...an experienced professional dog trainer is gonna beat you in any breed and any format once they are given ample time to find out the nuances of that breed and the game played

My friend George was a National finalist/judge and got out of the retriever games...took up the pointer games with a GSP and has won the National Shooting Dog title a couple of times with two different dogs

#50 ·
Angie = Alligator

jwdavis = canary

So Angie, after the "little pecker" got done picking at your tough (but beaut-a-mous) hide, did you enjoy your snack? :) Congrats again on the BOW with the curly brown dog!!! If you want a real challenge, I challenge you to train my eng. cocker pup to a MH/MH for free!!! Now THAT is an offer you can't refuse, right??? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.