RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

College Football 2012 GDG

282K views 2K replies 99 participants last post by  blackasmollases 
#1 · (Edited)
Paging all teams/their fans. The Best Team In Americana plays in The BR.

Geaux Tigers!!!!, regards.

#787 ·
What in the heck was Les Miles drinking after the game...dude was wound up,dropping F bombs and telling people to go kiss his players on the mouth (if you were female), instant classic....

#790 ·
A USC win over ND would absolutely make the Trojan's season. Ohio State doesn't play a very tough schedule. Four of the top five teams after next weekend could be all SEC teams. If the BCS is going to stick to the "two best teams" then we could have another all SEC Champ game.

However, the NCAA College Football Playoff system can't get here soon enough!

#791 ·
there is one team that the computers absolutely show no love and that is Free Shoes Univ..Florida State

had it not been for a brain fade against NCST they should be getting some consideration for the big game...the FSU vs Florida game will actually mean something this year..the winner is arguably among the top 4 teams in the country

#801 ·
You're throwing out so many hypotheticals, the argument could go any direction.

Players are in control of their bodies. JUST now, I mean minutes ago, a Line backer from the back field ran all the way to Drew Brees and took him off is feet, almost the identical line of the hit on Zach M. except the Linebacker aimed his helmet at the chest/shoulder area of Brees instead of at his face/chin.

It's best to err on the side of caution I think.

I have no idea what other HIT you're talking about. A link to the video would be good.

#803 ·
Surely I am not that smart. The rest of my life sure argues against it.

I am a defensive football player. I see the player with the ball advancing toward me, and my job is to get him on the ground. I square up, look right at his belt buckle, lower my rear end, and get ready to explode through the ball carrier with my shoulder right in his midsection. IOW, a perfect form tackle.

At the same time, the ball carrier sees me. It's his job not to let me do my job. At precisely the same moment I prepare to shoulder his gut, he lowers his shoulder even with mine and twists his body in an attempt to avoid my tackle. In the process, the my head, which I intended to hang right off the ball carrier's left hip, now glances off his helmet.

Penalty?

#802 ·
Any hit to the head will or should be call with the current rules. The hit on Mettenberger was helmet to the head. (chin is part of the head) If he kept his head up and put his face in his chest no call. Just because McCrying or yelton didn't get the call is irrealavent.

#806 ·
I understand the SOS is weak.....but 10-1 still is better than 9-2...what if they were 11-0...its not like they are Boise State (probably gonna hear about that next time I'm there)

#807 · (Edited)
Well actually Bob it sounds like you don't :p

10-1 is NOT better when your SOS is against teams that on average are sub .450. Your one loss is against a UNRANKED at Home.

LSU's two losses are against Top 5 in the Nation Teams and one of those losses was AWAY, another one down to the wire against the #1 Team in the Nation.

Do you consider LSU's body of work weaker than Florida States?

Texas A&M's two losses to Florida and LSU. They are however PERFECT on the Road this year to include beating the #1 Team in the Nation on the Road.
Is their body of work weaker than Florida States?

Stanford just beat the #2 Team in the Nation. One loss was to the now #1 Team in the nation and a Close Game away to Washington.

If anything, Stanford maybe should not have jumped Florida St. Then again. F.State's schedule is just that pathetically weak.

#809 ·
under any system of evaluation and ranking of college football, last saturday would have been crazy. but i think the bcs makes college football more interesting and fun than the polls and bowls that preceeded it. i really can't see the "playoff system" making things more interesting than they have been and will continue to be this season. i guess i stand alone in america as the bcs supporter.

a j mccrying, i like that one rbou!

#810 ·
under any system of evaluation and ranking of college football, last saturday would have been crazy. but i think the bcs makes college football more interesting and fun than the polls and bowls that preceeded it. i really can't see the "playoff system" making things more interesting than they have been and will continue to be this season. i guess i stand alone in america as the bcs supporter.

a j mccrying, i like that one rbou!
With the coming 8 team playoff system, the NC will be decided on the field! I look at #7 LSU and #8 TAMU(after they beat Texas) and they are playing as good if not better than the teams ranked ahead of them.

I say, "strap it on and lets get after it"!

#814 ·
i want to take this opportunity before the regular season ends to thank the many contributors to this year's college football thread!

the passionate fans here have "talked smack" about their team and yours. but when they lose, as gentlemen they have also stood up and faced the "crow eating" sessions that running their "poo poo eaters" got them into in the first place.* this is civil and respectful fun for all.

footnotes:
*hey, has anyone heard from paul or merlin in the last couple of days?

#834 · (Edited)
I'm still around. Yes the Ducks played like cr@p, but it ain't over yet. When the final BCS comes out they will be high in the mix. And it's a young team as most are back. We are talking consistency here. You will be hearing from the Ducks for quite some time and usually in the top 5.

#819 ·
LSU might end up playing Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl.

Florida could play Bama for the SHIP.
Bama could still play Oregon for the SHIP.
Notre Dame with a loss this weekend and a Florida loss has a SLIM chance to STILL go to the SHIP if the Voters refuse to drop them past Oregon. (Doubtful considering this would set Eugene Oregon on FIRE!) lol

Too much to calculate...... one more weekend will clear a lot of this up. Outstanding that we still have to WAIT on ONE MORE weekend to nail it all down some.

BTW with the way LSU D has been playing a lot of them might have lost some Draft Stock forcing them to reconsider leaving. We'll see.

Hopefully they take it all out on Arkansas Saturday and show off the for the Draft Watchers/.

#825 · (Edited)
Yes Sir we are sitting back and keeping out big mouths shut. Has your Georgia ever been a smack talker Bubba? It is too good to be true in Georgia, but we are still getting ready for the Tide and then who ever. Go Dawgs!

BTW, all of ya"ll that have written Georgia off as "soft" need to let my local ball player Shaun Williams and the rest of our Defense know how soft they are before the SEC championship. Waking up the Dawgs regards..........

#827 ·
Texas A&M is favored over MO by 21 pts. I hate it when we are favored by so much.

#833 ·
Dang, the 12th Man Foundation is giving away a limited number of Johnny Football t shirts at the campus vicinity of the 12th man statue. Not in the stores yet.

#835 ·
so for all the SEC homers on the RTF: are you pulling for Notre Dame to beat USC, which would set up a ND vs Ala/UGA/FLA MNC game or are you pulling for SoCal in the upset which would more than likely set up some all SEC MNC game

#837 · (Edited)
usc, usc, usc!!

though:

-bama and nd would be epic.

-dawgs and nd would show the media/heisman voters what a mistake they made by not giving the trophy to johnny football and giving it to "man-tie tay-ou". headlines next day "MAN-TIE CAN'T TOTE THE RUBBER BANDS ON THE ENDS OF JARVIS JONES' DREADLOCKS"

-sec vs sec not gonna happen!

#841 ·
Anyone watch/listen to Mike and Mike in the morning on ESPN radio? Mike Golic's sons play for ND and he has been rubbing it in all week that they are number one. Can't help but feel that it is gonna bite them in the butt even though it all is an act.

Often the smack smack's back.

#842 ·
Golic is a big fat bag of wind who attended Notre Dame and played for the Eagles in the Buddy Ryan era, therefore anything he has to say should be ignored. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.