RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

tired of your McCain signs being taken? gdg

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Uncle Bill 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I've been shocked by a pet fence. No biggie. When the old man showed up at my house I hate to say it, but I would have put my foot in his you know what. Why do you think his son was out stealing McCain signs? Like father like son.

#8 ·
Great Story!!!!

#9 ·
Unfortunately it was the boy who got punished for doing what he thought was right... do you HONESTLY think the boy wasn't doing what he was being told??? Seriously, the father should have been punished... 110 volts and then some... how cowardly, he can't even stand up for his own beliefs, and sends his 9 year old to do the dirty work.

What if it was some crutchety old man with bad eyesight, and just saw SOMEONE stealing his sign... pulled a shotgun or something and started waving it about at a 9-year old. I think the story would have been very different, and I'd say the same thing... Look a little higher up the boy's family tree. The boy was just the tasked, the father was the tasker and should have had a few volts to cure him of any other stupid ideas.

Just my .02

#10 ·
You can tell from the kid's reaction that the shock was mild. I have a charger for my pasture that if the circumstances are right, can get you pretty good, but it is designed to maintain at least 5 miles of fence (I don't remember exactly which model I got, 5 or 10 mile). IF it has been raining and IF you are close to the charger and IF it is not grounded out by something and IF you are leaned over ducking between the wires and it touches you on the back, your response will not be as easy as just turn and walk away :oops:. I have touched it under normal conditions accidently and my reaction was much worse than what the kid did. My little boy can still touch it with shoes on and only get a mild tingle--he doesn't ground it enough. One day when he was three I think, he grabbed it and was going "ooo, ooo, ooo" with the pulses--and that was when there was no weeds or anything on it.

Alison

#11 · (Edited)
I like the father's excuse -- his son only wanted to see how it was constructed - c'mon Take your punishment like a man !

By the way - After the election, all those signs make great target backers for shooting practice. I always gather up a bunch of them and tape target to them at the range. Just an idea and better than havingthem thrown all over the place.

#13 ·
By the way - After the election, all those signs make great target backers for shooting practice. I always gather up a bunch of them and tape target to them at the range. Just an idea and better than havingthem thrown all over the place.

Indeed they do. I have a bunch in you garage for that very reason.

#19 ·
So, when I was in Ohio in 2004 some ahole pulled my "Bush Must Go" bumper sticker off my car. There are jerks on both sides. But, history has already shown I was right.

#23 ·
He was the president for the only foreign attack against the US mainland since the war of 1812. Our economy has tanked. We have been at war against 2 third world countries for over 5 years and can't seem to beat them. What a great leader! Hard to imagine the passage of time will make this a pretty picture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.