RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Pro Charge

3K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  laduckdogman 
#1 ·
This may be a very generalized question, but what are some normal Pro trainer rates now a days?

#3 ·
Prices vary by region, by specialty and by reputation. In the south GA/ north FL area, there are HT pros that charge $700/month plus birds as well as pros that charge $500/month birds included. Some FT pros fall into the same price range, while others are considerably more. There are gundog pros that charge somewhat less.

#5 ·
Ragingun, what do you want done to your dog. Most pros will have a price for ht and then for ft. If all you want is a hunting dog, there is no such thing. There are dogs with poor training and dog with very good training. My lab has been trained by (who I think ) is one of the best dog trainers. Reba (wlf) is such a pleasure to handle. She was trained by Chris and lived at home with me. I took her to training every day. Not only did Reba learn but so did I. No I am not a trainer. You have to really love dogs to be a trainer. There were times I would have shot Reba, when Chris took the time to work through the problem.
By the way Reba is 16months old and does marks and blinds very well. She can be corrected with hand signals and whistle. What more can you want???
Good luck and have fun.
Jim Schaefer

#8 ·
I want FF touched up. I've done a lot with this dog already-he sits on whistle, handles good, etc. The one thing I want worked on the most as I have stated in another post is his vocalizing.

#7 ·
My girl is at a trainer now. She just passed the halfway mark (4 weeks); I am paying $500/month.
Another question: Never done this before so I am just asking. I am very very pleased w/ her progress so far after my visit last weekend and was wondering when I pick her up and settle the bill, is it expected to tip?

#9 ·
I just took my BLK F to our Pro this past Wednesday and i am paying $575 total. We have decided he will keep her for 5mths until the end of october. I drove to the Piney wood of E texas to meet Tim Milligan for the first time. I am very excited and was very impressed with his dogs he had. He has another Norman pup and he was awsome. I took her to Tim(primarily a FT trainer) in hopes of him getting the MOST out of her potential. Primarily we hunt ducks! A LOT! So she will be my hunting buddy of course, but i shared with him how i would love to title her as a MH, and if he see's something special in her, then we will cross that bridge when we get to it. But i have high hopes, she is a ball of fire and i cannot wait to see what he does with her. But all Pro trainers are generally $500-$1000

#10 ·
I sent my chessie off to a Pro for 600.00 a month about 2 weeks ago! I had a great lab I hunted over for years, but wanted to try my hand at a chessie. He has been a pleasure to train, and I put the first 2 legs of his started title on him. But when it came to FF he turned into a demon!!! lol So I sent him to a Chessie Breeder for FF and, hopefully she is working out some of his rough edges. Hopefully I will be able to run him in an AKC senior test in july. The point I was making before I started rambling is that in my area the price ranges 525-750 per month depending on how close you get to chicago.

Josh

#11 ·
Our prices start at $350.00-$400.00 per month depending on the training requested. This fee includes boarding,feeding, and all training (including birds). We specialize in training quality Hunting Retrievers, Hunt Test dogs, and all breed obedience.

J.moll( Da DogMan)
STDT Kennels
Laplace,La.

www.stdtkennels.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.