RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Shed hunting videos

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  dozer 
#1 ·
I got Sadie about 4 weeks ago and other than having a little set back due to parvo, I've been trying to teach her to hunt antler sheds. Here are a few videos of our progress, for any of you who have done this, this is my first time so any advice is greatly appreciated! I have start taking scent into consideration, I wash my antlers in scent killer laundry detergent and dump them outside to air out, I also wear a rubber glove handling them.
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums...43-99ED-B90C2DF783C9-579-00000039744AAA5E.mp4
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums...A-B9E0-50304B33F051-2977-000001EDBF91AD44.mp4

#4 ·
I haven't got the wax yet but I have noticed her a few times. Shell be running wide open, searching and shell get 5-10 ft down wind of one and it's as if she gets clothes lined, she spins around and gets it. Sometimes the exact same scenario happens and she just keeps a trucking right on by... Anxious to get the wax though!

#5 ·
Got the rack wax in today.. Debating on getting silhouettes, I could see where they're usefule just dunno if she's past that stage, any opinions? She has no problem getting out 100 yrds or so aways from me... This could be helpful for many ppl training for different things, but for three weeks she didn't want to get away from me to look shed search but with in about 20 yrds. I put her outside for a week while at school and work as opposed to crating her in the house and I guess she developed some independence cuz now she cares nothing about stay close like that...

#6 ·
great video cant wait to get my pup and get him started

#8 ·
On our deer lease we don't have any, but other properties I'm plannin to take her too have them, I'm not to worried. I'll have a gun if I need it... I jus used the wax. Most antler were almost completely under leaves and it was dark outside.. Really impressed with her especially considering her teacher...

#11 ·
Your suppose to I think I dunno how to though... She is jus blindly searching. My thing is here in Alabama and southern tn most sheds are found in thickets on deer trails. So I feel like she'll just be running wide open up and down trails... Give me some feed back here, as I may seek professional help here.. I wouldn't know where to start...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.