RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

not eating

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Scum Frog 
#1 ·
I have a 6 month oldblack lab female. She has already been througj teething. I have a problem with her not eating wheh usually she scarfs Iit down any help?

#2 ·
How long has she not been eating? Is she passing stools? With dogs that age I'd usually be concerned that they ate something they shouldn't and are blocked up. A trip to the vet may be in order.

#5 ·
I also agree with needing to see the vet to make sure there is no blockage from something she may have eaten. Once the vet gives you a clean bill of health and she is still not eating I would think it's a behavior issue. What are you feeding, brand / formula of food?

#6 ·
Vet check for sure. If this just started, you need to rule out several things from a blockage or partial constriction (maybe from injury by something she ate), to reaction to something she ate. The fact she will eat food from your hand does not mean all is ok. She is presenting with GI issues. Vet will need you to provide good observation info along the lines of water intake, bowel movements, type of BMs, energy level, temp.

#7 ·
Pretty sure this is the kid, 15 ish years old, from down south? Please tell us more...this is just a puppy? Could be she ate something and has a blockage , could be she has a virus...could be a lot of things. Can you get her t the vet?

#8 ·
If she is crate trained, try putting her feed bowl in her crate with her when it is feeding time...she what she does.
It is possible she is just getting distracted.
a good thing is she now understands that this is not her last meal and needs to eat it as fast as she can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.