RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Training Supply Recommendations

2K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Bob Mac 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I've had to buy training supplies but with a new pup it's time to go shopping. Looking for recommendations on the best place to buy supplies on the internet at the best cost. Seems like wherever I check they either don't have all the items I need (means I have to buy from several places and pay extra shipping) or they are out of stock (MacksPW) as they say it's the end of the season (really? for training?). Just looking to get a 30' Floatying Check Cord, a 6 pack of 2" Flasher Hexa Bumpers and a ATB Lfasher teal. Not like I need alot of stuff right now. Looking for recommendations on where you have had good luck. Thanks for any recommendations!

#4 ·
Gun Dog Supply! The best! They have the best prices and I had an issue ($20) and they went above and beyond to take care of me for a measly $20. They could have gave me the run around and not messed with me. And yea Mack's prairie, they r full of it. I placed two orders with them and I have never received product. There is always an issue with them. Gun Dog ships fast, they follow up by email and phone call and shipping was like 4.95 on one order, my second order shipping was free. Good luck

#5 ·
Another one for Gun Dog Supply. They are seldom "out of stock" on the things I need when I need 'em! Prices are fair. Shipping is efficient. I've tried all of them at some time, and this is the "go to" place.

#7 ·
Check out gundogsonline.com ! I recently realized they are in my back yard in CT and Geoff is great to deal with. Lot of good info on their website as well.

Chris

#9 ·
Dogs Afield was the first sponsor RTF ever had. They are under new ownership and are making some changes. The banner is at the top.

I'd suggest you take a look while comparing.

I'd also suggest you consider making your own check cord! You can customize it and also buy enough supplies to make a few at varying lengths, or leave one in the truck, one on the front porch, one in the shed.....etc.

#12 ·
I'd also suggest you consider making your own check cord! You can customize it and also buy enough supplies to make a few at varying lengths, or leave one in the truck, one on the front porch, one in the shed.....etc.
I second the make your own check cord.

I placed my first order with gundogsupply.com a few weeks ago....good prices, good selection and fast shipping...whats not to like!

#10 ·
Thanks All! Great suggestions! I'm sure I'll be picking everyones brains a bit more often here. First pup to train in about 14 years. Probably forgot most of what I knew. Chris, the last one I trained was the "Jeep" pup I had that you saw at a hunt test back near Pittsburgh. She passed about 2 years ago from canacer, and I lost my black male "Tucker" last December. He was almost 15. Here we go again. Looking forward to some of it but dreading other parts, but it will be worth it. The new guy, Angus, is a fireball!

#17 ·
Gun Dog Supply, free shipping over $125

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.