RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Ideas on brands of dog food/Feed Stores

4K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  Scum Frog 
#1 ·
What brand of dog food are you guys feeding your dogs? I feed Purina One (Lamb and Rice) because my vet suggested it for high protein, and it was good for working dogs. I was recently told that you can buy high protein dog food at Feed stores and they are cheaper in price. What is comparable to Purina One at Feed Stores and what are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Holly

#2 ·
Been feeding diamond naturals large breed formula for a couple of years and haven't had any problems. Shiny coat, good energy (an understatement), great muscle, teeth look good, regular bowels, appropriate weight. He's an easy keeper though; I've also fed pro plan and taste of the wild with good results. This is just a good balance of price, protein and quality for me.

#5 ·
I feed my dogs pedigree large breed adult dog food. Went to tractor supply today and they had diamond high energy for sporting dogs and retreiver high protein dog for the same amount that I pay for my dog food. I'm wondering if I should change as well.

#8 ·
I feed Victor as well and am very pleased. you can buy it at a feed store close to you I am sure. If not call and ask them they may be able to order it in for you.

Russell

#10 ·
I started feeding Loyall Professional about three months ago. Was feeding a major brand for 15yrs. It started to get way to high in price for what I thought I was getting and not much of a kennel plan. It went thru BIG price jump also. Tried Loyall on one of my "hard to keep weight on girls" and she did really well on Professional. Kennel rebate available thru the company also. Local dealers as well as Tractor supply. So far very happy with what I am seeing and have switched my kennels over to Loyall

#13 ·
Go to dog food advisor on the internet. You'll be shocked at how low the big name foods (Science Diet, Nutro, etc.) are rated. I use Victor high energy formula for two 11 month olds and it's great. I used to feed Diamond but they've had some recent recalls. My pups are family so they get the best available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.