RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

WI-Blackhawk RC AKC Hunting Test/OH Q closes today, July 1--small entries

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  junbe 
#1 ·
Please note that the Blackhawk Retriever Club AKC Hunting Test and OHQ closes today, July 1. The entries for JH and SH are small, so those should go pretty fast. Great weekend to get some passes and to QAA your dog in the OH Qualifying. Hope to see you there!

#2 · (Edited)
The new limits on Master entries seem to be having an adverse effect on entries in the lower stakes and in O/H Quals run in conjunction with hunt tests. I'm seeing this result for many clubs. Master fills months ahead of time and folks quit looking at those tests as possible destinations. An unexpected and unfortunate side effect of the new rule, I'm afraid. Hope you get a few more, but without being able to run Master too, it just isn't worth the drive for me.

#3 ·
And then you get a very large number of scratches to boot! Or at least that is what I'm seeing.

#5 ·
Yeah, I think folks are entering tests far in advance, just in case they need it to qualify for the Master National. Those that qualified this weekend can now scratch any future tests that close today and get their money back (less the non-refundable $4.50 EE fee) and open up those spots for others that weren't able to get in on time. I'll bet your test will fill up to 60 again before it closes tonight, once folks realize spots opened up.

Unfortunately, some folks are signed up for tests next weekend that are already closed. They may get a partial refund, depending on each clubs scratch policy, but those spots can't be filled now that the test is closed. It's a real shame when there are folks out there that would sign-up and come in a heartbeat if they could...

Would be nice if AKC HT's allowed "day-of" entries when others cancelled, similar to HRC.

#6 ·
Blackhawk will be adding another flight of Master judges, so there will be only 30 dogs in each flight of Master. Master A is Ron Rahm and Bonnie Wright. Master B is Randy Spangler and Bob Heise. I wonder if the pros who scratched did so because they thought all 60 dogs would be in one flight, and didn't want a really long weekend. So, PLEASE sign up tonight before close. We will have great grounds and I know we'll have a good time!! We have plenty of room in JH/Fri, and SH/Sat as well. See you there!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.