RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Rowdy (by Pirate) Disciplined Casting and Misc

8K views 48 replies 42 participants last post by  Laurie McCain 
#1 · (Edited)
Rowdy doing disciplined casting. Normally I would do more freebies in between but shortened up for the video. I thought he was going to switch on the right over but he didn't. Dang, tale of the tape, I wasn't paying enough attention to Rowdy's spine alignment. The looks to the left were the noise from a lawn maintenance crew. Can you believe cutting grass in Jan. The house is vacant and for sale so I guess they are concerned about curb appeal. I will probably do one more session of disciplined casting and move on to pattern blinds. Swimby will have to wait for warmer weather.

Some odds and ends of things I have been intending to do. Hay bale, duck call, goose call, decoys, shotgun, honor in hunting situation. I started honoring with Rowdy two sessions ago. But also wanted to do it in a hunting situation. Rowdy on the left and Shadow on the right.

See less See more
#6 ·
Welcome back Wayne! Are you concerned at all that Rowdy is anticipating the stops? I guess it does not matter as long as it is only on the return, but I have one that has a real problem with hesitating or spinning if we do too many stops on the way, even without any pressure.

#7 ·
Welcome Back!!! Good to see!!!

#8 ·
Any constructive critism is always welcome. Except for my goose calling, LOL. 2Tall, I am not terribly concerned about the slow return or anticipating the stops as long as it doesn't happen on the way out. I think the slow returns will disappear when I get through yard work.

I did some simple sight blinds yesterday in the field and the ground speed on return was similar to marks.

#12 ·
Any constructive critism is always welcome. Except for my goose calling, LOL. ..

You're an Aggie, most of them that I know barely know which end of the call to press their lips against...LOL

Welcome Back you Nutt

#11 ·
(Wayne) did you forget you quit? I know it was a couple days ago:) Fallon posted a thread while you were gone. It went something like 6 pages and a couple days before he replied. Some of us figured he took a nap and forgot he posted anything. Welcome back (Wayne)

#15 ·
Thanks Breck. I will try that again now. I quit doing it for a while as the bend over was not helping my back recover. But maybe the recovery is far enough along to start your recommended process again.

#16 ·
Welcome back. The video is your best critic. Pup is coming along great.

#17 ·
Wayne!!!!!!!............

#18 ·
Welcome back Wayne !!:)

#27 ·
Great to see you back!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.