Yes or No

• Yes!

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • NO!

Votes: 122 66.3%

Amnesty for banned posters

17K views 85 replies 55 participants last post by  NateB 
#1 ·
Yes or no? Should a one time Amnesty program be tested out? No stipulations, no requirements for apologies. Just plain old Amnesty International RTF style.

#4 ·
Double edged sword, but yeah.

#7 ·
Why? This is a very hard place to get banned from. Why would we want to bring back the truly mean and stupid?

#8 ·
Calling people stupid? Really?

#14 ·
No No No Absolutely Not

#15 ·
NO Leave it to the admins to decide! Better still why don't all of us just show respect for each others comments and agree to disagree. It is not life or death if the person is not on the same page as you about your training. And there are several ways to train a dog. JMO:)

#16 ·
Giving a general amnesty to those that disrespected the forum, members of the forum and ultimately Chris A. by their on line behavior, is not something one can readily excuse,..of those that have been banned , How many really wish to return ? and will things be any different the second time around ? on line personnas are like an alter ego for some, and most don't change

Its not up to any of us if they deserve or warrant a return, especially one without apologies to Chris A.

#18 ·
I have known Chris a loooong time......

If he made the decision to ban someone, rest assured that person was given MULTIPLE OPPORTUNITIES to change their on line behavior and refused to do so. Anything he has done here over the years has been done to enhance our little community.

To grant amnesty to those banned would be similar to going to the refrigerator for some milk and discovering it was sour, putting it back in the refrigerator with the belief that the next time you checked it, it wouldn't be sour anymore.-Paul

#21 ·
I did not vote. There are a couple of posters who I believe are banned that I thought added something to the forum although one of them would go from being insightful and helpful to just mean and ugly for seemingly no reason. There are some others that I believe are banned that I am very happy NOT to see here. Bottom line, I trust Chris A.

#25 ·
I agree we all need forgiveness ....BUT...If you do the crime you still have to do the time....There is a difference between forgiveness and grace...Steve S

#30 ·
#31 ·
Maybe some could be allowed back with a curfew. Sometimes it seems like the most venomous posts occur after cocktail hour. .;

JS

#32 ·
True dat.

#35 ·
So for all saying no, why are you so apposed to giving someone a second chance? Yeah there are some a holes out there, but there are also some that in my opinion offered excellent opinions. I would bet the ones that are really bad apples probably would not come bad anyway and even if they is they would be gone again at the first offense .
Whats the worst that could happen?

#41 ·
Thing is it's not up to US to forget or not forget.

It's been said that RTF is like a bunch of folks standing around the tailgate BS'n after the trial. Well, this is Chris's truck and when he decides he doesn't want so-n-so hangin' 'round his tailgate any more, well that's his call. And from what I've observed, Chris has offered many, many, many second chances before he pulls the plug on someone.

So when that someone insists he ain't gonna take guidance from the janitor, well he's either incorrigible or he's not too swift. Everyone gets a little testy now and then but it's not too hard too stay under the radar if you really want to.

Take a lesson from Pals. That throwdown on Fallon ... ("hopin' he falls face first into a pile of dog crap" is the main part I remember) ... PRICELESS! But she's cool enough to know when to dial it back and is still here to brag about her little ankle biters.

It's like arguing with the judges.

JMO.

JS

#36 ·
what is recidivism?

i voted no even though i think "mean people" usually provide very funny reading.

maybe bill and road kill can put a "rtf banned training day reunion" together. everyone could train, sit around and tailgate and chris could evaluate the likelyhood of reform or recidivism based on the days events? if they all spend a day together and nobody gets an ass whoopin'......they all get back in!

#76 ·
what is recidivism?

i voted no even though i think "mean people" usually provide very funny reading.

maybe bill and road kill can put a "rtf banned training day reunion" together. everyone could train, sit around and tailgate and chris could evaluate the likelyhood of reform or recidivism based on the days events? if they all spend a day together and nobody gets an ass whoopin'......they all get back in!
Sometimes true genius isn't recognized when its right in front of you! ;-)

#37 · (Edited)
I don't think that anyone should be banned for an opinion, even if voiced strongly, but if someone has threatened anyone else, I think they should be gone forever. I can do without the ad hominem attacks and name calling, but then again, I have always been pretty sure that I am winning when people start calling me names. First one to call "stupidhead" (or whatever) loses.

POTUS is pretty wild west and seems like it is pretty hard to get banned (I think mostly because Chris doesn't visit very often as he REALLY doesn't like the kind of rough and tumble nature of the spirited discussions seen there). I would think that amnesty would have to be on some kind of case by case basis. Have wondered what happened to Murral (I'm not a girl) Stark (on POTUS) for instance. Don't know if we just drove him off or if he got banned. If we drove him off, I feel a bit bad for any part I might have had there.

Oh, who's Angie Becker?

#38 ·
I miss WRL's avatar. I think he/she should be brought back based on that alone.

This post has been deleted
#39 ·
Why would we want to bring back the truly mean and stupid?
some of them never left;)

#40 ·
I voted no simply because I figure the decision should be up to Chris. I am sure he is trying to balance all sides. I miss some band folks too.

#42 ·
I miss some band folks too

yeah the allman bro's.... KC and the sunshine..Bruce and the E street

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.