Lining Drills
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach

Thread: Lining Drills

Default Lining Drills

Dog has been through all the basic retriever training, through force fetch, force to pill, t patterns, swim by etc..Needing different options for lining drills other than the basics, for daily up keep any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by A.Dittus View Post
    Dog has been through all the basic retriever training, through force fetch, force to pill, t patterns, swim by etc..Needing different options for lining drills other than the basics, for daily up keep any suggestions?
    Program you are using and what is age of dog?
    BTW welcome...

Edit to post. I assume you are in transition.
    Last edited by BJGatley; 09-11-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Not really using any particular program, other than what I have learned from a pro in Alaska that I trained under for 6 months and the first 6 months of her training was done supervised. Shes 18 months old now, and just got her back for hunting season, I don't want her basics to fall apart so I am looking for a few ideas

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by A.Dittus View Post
    Not really using any particular program, other than what I have learned from a pro in Alaska that I trained under for 6 months and the first 6 months of her training was done supervised. Shes 18 months old now, and just got her back for hunting season, I don't want her basics to fall apart so I am looking for a few ideas
    OK...understand...but realize you have an investment in your dog and I don't blame you for all of that work to fall apart. If you decide to hunt her and you have a understanding of what she can do, then use your common sense. I would hate as hell for all of that effort to erode. There is a succession to transition that has drills to further your dog. The question will be...will you have enough time to complete them before the season begins?

Edit to post. If you decide to transition your dog, there are several programs that will help you. The two most popular programs used at this site is: Mike Lardy and Evan Graham...Their flow charts are very similar. Gook luck to you.
    Last edited by BJGatley; 09-11-2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Add content.