Bumper Boys Need Help - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bumper Boys Need Help

If you figure out the problem please post it. There are several on here that have the same problem. I have an old 2/4 shooter receiver with the exact same problem and know of at least two other people with receivers that function exactly the same.

Richard
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Don't know if you are referring to the antenna connection on the receiver or the Transmitter. I have had to have my Transmitter Antenna re-soldered a couple of times. Its fairly prone to breaking so you could try that if you haven't already

Mark

I will assume that the battery charge is significant? When I have had that problem it has always been the battery in the unit or the transmitter.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm. Having an issue with one of mine too. They shoot fine but I can not get the distance from transmitter to receiver extended anymore. In fact it won't work much beyond fifty yards. My other is fine. Battery charges. And new battery in receiver.

Any thoughts?
    There are no secrets to success. It is the results of preparation, hard work and learning from failure. -Colin Powell

Sue Puffenbarger
    Wirtz, VA
    www.boynelabradors.com

GCH Boyne's Avian Investigator MH BN WCX CGC 'Ziva' (number 73!)
    Boyne's Criminal by Dezign at Rygwood JH 'Wykked' (criminal #2)
    Boyne's It Is What It Is SH 'Murphy' (hellion in training)
    ShadowGlen Ballyhoo O'Boyne SH CGC 'Bree' (really?)
    ShadowGlen Roundabout Campfyr SH CD CGC 'Coal' (the best)

Quote Originally Posted by priceskeet View Post
    I have 2 two shooter BB's have been able to keep them working for several years now. ( old model )
    Up until a couple weeks ago both would shoot out pass 300 yds. Now one of them will not shoot pass about 50 yds. from it.
    Have changed the battery and antenna. Resoldered the antenna joint on the inside.
    Any one have ideas? I don't want to use my tri-tronics on it to make it work at a longer distance if I can fit the problem.
    Did you change the batteries inside the receiver?
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Did you change the batteries inside the receiver?
    Yes, put a new battery in it and it still didn't work right. I then took one out of the one that works right and put it in to make sure the new battery was good
    and it's still not working right.
    SRSCA HRCH RP'S JUMP'N JOSIE MH QAA
    HRCH GP'S PRINCESS HANNAH MH QAA
    RP'S SOUTHERN BELLE QA2

BLACK WARRIOR RETRIEVER CLUB

RANDY A. PRICE

Sounds like whatever makes the receiver "receive" isn't working. Don't know what it is but it happens with BB's, collars and winger receivers too. Maybe someone who works on electronics, computers can fix it. Especially if you could show them the working unit and the non working unit.
    John Lash

"If you run Field Trials, you learn to swallow your disappointment quickly."

"Field trials are not a game for good dogs. They're for great dogs with great training." E. Graham

Uggggg. I know whats wrong but it is sometimes difficult for me to explain this. The connection to the antenna inside the transmitter has come loose, and is making to much of a ground inside the transmitter. You may need to open the transmitter, unscrew the back, on the inside of the box, there is a screw that holds the antenna holder to the case.Tighten that screw part on the antenna. There should be a ribbon piece of metal that grounds the antenna. It needs to get gently pried away from the screw part I mentioned above. The little ribbon gets to close to things as we pick up, or screw on and off, the antenna.

I hope that makes a little sense.....
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    LAURELWOOD'S GOT GEESE ON THE RADAR BB
    CHESAGROVE'S RED SKY AT NIGHT
    CHEROKEE FOOTHILLS HRC
    FALL LINE RETRIEVER CLUB AKC

Quote Originally Posted by chuck187 View Post
    Uggggg. I know whats wrong but it is sometimes difficult for me to explain this. The connection to the antenna inside the transmitter has come loose, and is making to much of a ground inside the transmitter. You may need to open the transmitter, unscrew the back, on the inside of the box, there is a screw that holds the antenna holder to the case.Tighten that screw part on the antenna. There should be a ribbon piece of metal that grounds the antenna. It needs to get gently pried away from the screw part I mentioned above. The little ribbon gets to close to things as we pick up, or screw on and off, the antenna.

I hope that makes a little sense.....
    If the transmitter works with one BB perfectly but not the other one. Than could it possibly be the same problem inside the receiver?
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    If the transmitter works with one BB perfectly but not the other one. Than could it possibly be the same problem inside the receiver?
    could be...
    HRCH UR01 CH UNJ WHISKEY CREEK'S DUKE CHASCERI MH
    LAURELWOOD'S GOT GEESE ON THE RADAR BB
    CHESAGROVE'S RED SKY AT NIGHT
    CHEROKEE FOOTHILLS HRC
    FALL LINE RETRIEVER CLUB AKC