Range finder, Which one?
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range finder, Which one?

Default Range finder, Which one?

Any of you have a preferred range finder?

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Also interested, I would prefer buying 1 to use for deer hunting bow + gun, and also for dog training. I do use gmap pedometer to look up distances on things, but i'd rather do it in the field.

You can spend almost any amount of money on a rangefinder but I wouldn't. I have an old and not expensive Bushnell and every time I have checked it at a measured distance it has been spot on. Go look at some and buy whatever you like but I think they are all good enough for hunting, dog training, etc.

JMHO, Good Luck. Alan
    Last edited by Repaupo; 03-10-2015 at 02:06 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I also have a cheap Bushnell and it has served me well. It has been very accurate on distances and has never failed in either hot or cold weather.

Bushnell, if you get the better golf ones that measure slope they are deadly accurate to about 400 yds. If money were no object then it would be a set of Leica binos/rangefinders

I have an inexpensive Bushnell and use it more for laughs then anything else, after years of golf I can guestimate yardages inside of 150 yds within 10yds..probably even better since I had cataract surgery
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Here's a good one. It has the capability to give you accurate distance up and down hill and from an elevated position. When I used to bow hunt, I had one of these, and they are spot on.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-Scout...b_title_sports
    James Durfee BBQ pitmaster.

I just ordered a Bushnell 550 from Cabelas on-line on sale for $98. It is the one in the gift box. I guess they had a bunch left over from Christmas. They are selling the same model in their stores, without the gift box, for $179. Go figure.....
    David Cuthbertson

G-Man's Spy Keeper "Rahab"
    HR G-Man's Texas Trick Shot QA2 "Annie"
    HRCH Trumarc's Super Splash SH "Splash" (1994-2009)

"Brother, a trial is not to see what your dog would do in a day's hunt, but what he will do under extraordinary conditions, judged by unusual people, and watched by an unusual gallery." (Charles Morgan on Retrievers)

Thanks to all for the comments.....!

Use a Bushnell one that is made for golf with the slope and pin seeker technology. I also use it for bow/rifle hunting too. Primarily bought for golf but has held up great for 5 years and gets a lot of use and abuse in and out of the golf cart cubby hole. Battery life is good and locks onto target great.
    Lone Oak's Marley Man.. (My first)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
    I just ordered a Bushnell 550 from Cabelas on-line on sale for $98. It is the one in the gift box. I guess they had a bunch left over from Christmas. They are selling the same model in their stores, without the gift box, for $179. Go figure.....
    David,
    Thanks, after researching, I too ordered one of these....they are priced right and will more than meet my needs....thanks for the information!