Special Forces Operation in Syria - Page 7
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Forces Operation in Syria

Reading these post just shows how much we have fallen as a nation morally and intellectually.

The future does NOT look good and the reason why we have the government we have today.

Sad!
    When it comes to Trump, it is increasingly difficult to distinguish between a political strategy and a nervous breakdown. His tweeted trash talk, his incoherent conspiracy theories and his shameless embrace of sleaziness are not the signs of a healthy mind.

You don’t need to be a Democrat to appreciate the impeachment of Trump. You just have to be a patriot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Same Richard Clarke, aka, Dick Clarke that served 8 years under the Clinton Administration that had his position downgraded from a Cabinet position under George W. Bush? Probably no sour grapes there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Richard Clarke?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    My second assignment I got to serve this guy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_L._Smith

B.Gen "E-tool" Smith, he was a bit more salty than General Gray even.

Unfortunately the wiki page does not explain how he got his nickname. In the incident that he earned the Navy Cross, enemy was breaching their wire and they ran out of ammo he took out several with his E-Tool. For those not familiar with what that is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrenching_tool
    You are right about Gen Gray's time as Commandent 87- 91. It is amazing how time flys. I was with 3rd Recon Bn in 89 - 90 when I got to meet Gen Gray. He helped keep one of my communicators in the Marine Corps when the system was denying him re-enlistment.

Gen Smith, I believe was the MCB Commander when I got to Lejeune in Feb 93 after a tour at PI as a DI. I never had a chance to know him but those that did, spoke very highly of him. They also said he was a bit on the crazy side.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    You are right about Gen Gray's time as Commandent 87- 91. It is amazing how time flys. I was with 3rd Recon Bn in 89 - 90 when I got to meet Gen Gray. He helped keep one of my communicators in the Marine Corps when the system was denying him re-enlistment.

Gen Smith, I believe was the MCB Commander when I got to Lejeune in Feb 93 after a tour at PI as a DI. I never had a chance to know him but those that did, spoke very highly of him. They also said he was a bit on the crazy side.

He was at 3D Mar Div when I got there in July of 93. He definitely had an edge to him. His office was right below our scif and I was on the skeet and trap team with the division mgysgt so I got to interact with him a little.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCreek View Post
    Same Richard Clarke, aka, Dick Clarke that served 8 years under the Clinton Administration that had his position downgraded from a Cabinet position under George W. Bush? Probably no sour grapes there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_A._Clarke
    Yes the same Clarke that served Reagan, that was the head of the Counterterrorism Security Group under H.W. Bush, and retained that position under Clinton were he had direct talks with Clinton on terrorism. Under the retard Bush, the position of National Coordinator for Counterterrorism was downgraded to a sub-cabinet level, there was no need for the President to be briefed directly in such small matters of terrorism

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Yes the same Clarke that served Reagan, that was the head of the Counterterrorism Security Group under H.W. Bush, and retained that position under Clinton were he had direct talks with Clinton on terrorism. Under the retard Bush, the position of National Coordinator for Counterterrorism was downgraded to a sub-cabinet level, there was no need for the President to be briefed directly in such small matters of terrorism
    LMAO at you libs trying to defend the undendable Jug Ears. Bush personally received his daily National Security briefings. I bet they were a lot more efficient in conveying the needed information to him too. You ever go to meetings where there is a circus clown car of people providing briefs? I'm sure he put a stop to that after 9-11 and made the briefs much more meaningful to him.

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    LMAO at you libs trying to defend the undendable Jug Ears. Bush personally received his daily National Security briefings. I bet they were a lot more efficient in conveying the needed information to him too. You ever go to meetings where there is a circus clown car of people providing briefs? I'm sure he put a stop to that after 9-11 and made the briefs much more meaningful to him.
    Stupidity at its best, it doesn't end with you Bush apologists. Sure its logical to put a middleman between your top counterterrorism adviser and yourself, if your a complete idiot, and don't want to be disturbed at your vacation ranch.

Obama on a bike with a wounded warrior?

I think it demonstrates that Bush has a sincere concern over the results of a decision he made, a decision that might have been a bad one. Obama has had great rhetoric about bringing home troops, but on a personal level seems to show far less respect and compassion for veterans and service-people.

How about he has kept them for the most part out of harm's way helping to save their lives and limbs!

Not sure what response you would get to that if you asked SEAL Team 6.
    Franco, while you chastise those who will not sufficiently beat up on Bush for his mistakes, you don't seem to think Obama has made any.

The next POTUS is likely to face the results of the presently hyper-inflated stock market. Will we soon forget the policies that have led to that? It is quite similar to the situation that existed when Obama took office. That crash was blamed on Bush. Will those same people blame Obama for the next one? Somehow, they'll find a way to blame it on Bush, I'm sure.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Reading these post just shows how much we have fallen as a nation morally and intellectually.

The future does NOT look good and the reason why we have the government we have today.

Sad!
    Yeah, guys that actually love America, served and fought for her are pretty repulsive to progressive elitists!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Franco, while you chastise those who will not sufficiently beat up on Bush for his mistakes, you don't seem to think Obama has made any.

The next POTUS is likely to face the results of the presently hyper-inflated stock market. Will we soon forget the policies that have led to that? It is quite similar to the situation that existed when Obama took office. That crash was blamed on Bush. Will those same people blame Obama for the next one? Somehow, they'll find a way to blame it on Bush, I'm sure.
    In regards to Foreign Policy, I have been critical of Obama for Libya and for reentering Iraq. ISIL would love nothing more than to engage USA troops on the ground in both Iraq and Syria. Though I think we would eventually win, one has to ask at what cost and in terms of USA lives, limbs and treasure.

Just this morning there is a story out about one of our supposed allies Qatar sending money to ISIL. We also know another allie, Saudi Arabia has in the past sent money to ISIL. Yet, we feel this need to defend them from Iran! Sick is what I would call it.

One of Bush's former Intel Chiefs was on CNN Sunday. His comments were that ISIL would be in Iraq whether we left troops in Iraq or not. Again pointing to the formation of ISIL as a direct result of the disenfranchised Iraqi Sunni made possible by Bush's man Maliki.

But, lets don't forget how this all started with the upsetting of the balance of power in the region by an ass backwards approach of neutralizing Saddam Hussein by the Bush administration. So, maybe Bush feels guilty when he poses with troops with limbs missing or widowed wives who lost a good part of their lives as a result of a disastrous Bush policy! One that will go down in History as our worst Foreign Policy decision of which we haven't felt the full negative repercussions of yet.

Every American should watch Fareed Zakaria's "Blindsided" which stated airing this past weekend.
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/asia/i...ure/index.html
    Last edited by Franco; 05-19-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    When it comes to Trump, it is increasingly difficult to distinguish between a political strategy and a nervous breakdown. His tweeted trash talk, his incoherent conspiracy theories and his shameless embrace of sleaziness are not the signs of a healthy mind.

You don’t need to be a Democrat to appreciate the impeachment of Trump. You just have to be a patriot.