South Carolina - Confederate Flag Removal from State Capital Grounds - Page 3
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: South Carolina - Confederate Flag Removal from State Capital Grounds

As much as it is to honor fallen confederate soldiers, it is an insult to fallen union soldiers that the confederate flag still stands at all.

Politicians facing a tern limit are able to do whatever they want without fear of repercussions. I would say that Nikki Haley is doing this because she wants to.

If at some point they were going to remove the Confederate flag, and this tragedy expedited a decision , then it is a moving tribute to honor these people and in a small way makes their deaths not in vain. If there really is not appetite to change and this was a simple kneejerk reaction to a senseless act of violence then it does no one any good. Without a desire to change then the gesture is meaningless.
    "It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

I think it is more PC BS. That flag is a part of history and should be allowed to remain is so desired by the people of SC. I wonder what the responce would be if that idiot had been photographed with Old Glory? That flag didn't cause this nor does it stand for slavery.

Get a grip regards,
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    As much as it is to honor fallen confederate soldiers, it is an insult to fallen union soldiers that the confederate flag still stands at all.

Politicians facing a tern limit are able to do whatever they want without fear of repercussions. I would say that Nikki Haley is doing this because she wants to.

If at some point they were going to remove the Confederate flag, and this tragedy expedited a decision , then it is a moving tribute to honor these people and in a small way makes their deaths not in vain. If there really is not appetite to change and this was a simple kneejerk reaction to a senseless act of violence then it does no one any good. Without a desire to change then the gesture is meaningless.
    That insult unfortunately goes both ways. As it does also for Blacks & Whites.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Why would OB not be trying to remove Jackson from the $20 instead of Hamilton from the $10. It all about trying to divide and create tension in our society. There is nothing they would, and the media, liked better than riots in S.C. Yes Hamiton, I know, also owned slaves.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 06-23-2015 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post

you have me curious as to what part of the country you are from. Can you share? If not no problem, I'll respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I think it is more PC BS. That flag is a part of history and should be allowed to remain is so desired by the people of SC. I wonder what the responce would be if that idiot had been photographed with Old Glory? That flag didn't cause this nor does it stand for slavery.

Get a grip regards,
    No, its just a symbol that racist idiots rally around.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Since we is all about removing offensive things!

IMG_0222.jpg
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    HRCH FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet MH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    that's painting a pretty WIDE brush for a lot of people from the south...Especially on Saturday afternoons in the SEC...if it really represented racist idiots as you claim, I highly doubt those universities that fly that flag would have many of the black athletes that they do

Unfortunately many groups adopt flags and banners and logos to spew hate...Case in point the Oakland Raider logo is the preferred wear of many Southern Calif gang bangers and was actually banned from more than a few schools. I can't even wear my LA Dodger blue ball cap in certain parts of SoCal because its the logo of the Crips

When the bands at some of the SEC games play "Dixie" do you consider that racist ?
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

Buzz, thats a uninformed statement. I can understand why you stated it though being from a far Northern part of the country. I think our geographical locations has a lot to do with how we interpret the meaning of the confederate battle flag. It's why I asked Henlee where he is from following his post. Think what you wish, it's why America is great. Or once was until jug ears came along.

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    that's painting a pretty WIDE brush for a lot of people from the south...Especially on Saturday afternoons in the SEC...if it really represented racist idiots as you claim, I highly doubt those universities that fly that flag would have many of the black athletes that they do

Unfortunately many groups adopt flags and banners and logos to spew hate...Case in point the Oakland Raider logo is the preferred wear of many Southern Calif gang bangers and was actually banned from more than a few schools. I can't even wear my LA Dodger blue ball cap in certain parts of SoCal because its the logo of the Crips

When the bands at some of the SEC games play "Dixie" do you consider that racist ?

No, I did not paint with a wide brush. If I had said that the flag is a racist symbol that southerners rally around, then that would be painting with a wide bush.

Maybe I should have said "its just a symbol that some racist idiots rally around."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)