What will Israel do now? - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will Israel do now?

Israel will do nothing. If they derailed our strategy by military means, we could not support them in the resulting war. It would give us the appearance of being a puppet of Israel and weaken our position with every other ally in the ME. Israel will likely continue their plan of targeted assassinations and look to uncover violations of the deal. On the heels of a peace deal they would look like monsters if they attacked now.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Israel will do nothing. If they derailed our strategy by military means, we could not support them in the resulting war. It would give us the appearance of being a puppet of Israel and weaken our position with every other ally in the ME. Israel will likely continue their plan of targeted assassinations and look to uncover violations of the deal. On the heels of a peace deal they would look like monsters if they attacked now.

Maybe you couldn't support them. I don't see where we would have a choice but not to if they attacked now. Hell for that matter the surrounding arab countries might even help them too. They are not happy with the jug ears either over this. By the way, there is a framework of a peace deal, there is not one in place, yet.

SteveMo- incarnate ole Swampie -OCD and dyslexia - an Israeli left center paper (Haaretz) ! Chamberlain and Churchill , SteveMo was there !! Oh yeah...

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Maybe you couldn't support them. I don't see where we would have a choice but not to if they attacked now. Hell for that matter the surrounding arab countries might even help them too. They are not happy with the jug ears either over this. By the way, there is a framework of a peace deal, there is not one in place, yet.
    "The statesman who, seeing war inevitable, hesitates to strike first is guilty of a crime against his country."
    --Karl von Clausewitz

The pink-pantied moron (refers to doofus, not Henlee. Well, Henlee, too.) has never heard of Clausewitz, but you can bet that war hero special forces commando Netanyahu has. The phrase "never again" means something quite serious in Israel.

Our friendship is not so strong that they could move against us and still get our support. We might not them be destroyed when push came to shove, but they would be on their own.
    "Itís hard to win an argument with a smart person, but itís damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." - Bill Murray

Our friendship is not so strong that they could move against us and still get our support. We might not them be destroyed when push came to shove, but they would be on their own.
    Yes, I forget who is the current president sometimes.......

Yes, I forget who is the current president sometimes.......
    I thought George Soros was the current POTUS and ODUMA$$ was just his mouth piece.
    Fishing, hunting, golfing, traveling and relaxing is life's reward after meeting your goals and retiring.

I would agree with Henlee in that Israel won't do anything right now. However, as this moves forward, if their intel tells them that they need to make a move to protect themselves, they'll do so. We shouldn't forget that the Saudis, Egypt and Jordan are beginning to have friendlier relations with Israel. Those Arab countries are not fond of Iran, so one couldn't rule out that they will be "helpful" to the Israelis.

So, Obama is submitting this Iran deal to the UN Security Council before Congress even reviews it. Guess he feels that Congress will fail again. Figuring that after the minor defections on TPA, the Ds will fall in line again when it counts. Will be interesting to see if anyone in the UN speaks up. The agreement goes into effect 90 days after the UN approves it, so Obama is getting a head start on that 90 days ... and not worrying about Congress. Thanks go to Senator Corker for messing this one up.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I would agree with Henlee in that Israel won't do anything right now. However, as this moves forward, if their intel tells them that they need to make a move to protect themselves, they'll do so. We shouldn't forget that the Saudis, Egypt and Jordan are beginning to have friendlier relations with Israel. Those Arab countries are not fond of Iran, so one couldn't rule out that they will be "helpful" to the Israelis.

So, Obama is submitting this Iran deal to the UN Security Council before Congress even reviews it. Guess he feels that Congress will fail again. Figuring that after the minor defections on TPA, the Ds will fall in line again when it counts. Will be interesting to see if anyone in the UN speaks up. The agreement goes into effect 90 days after the UN approves it, so Obama is getting a head start on that 90 days ... and not worrying about Congress. Thanks go to Senator Corker for messing this one up.
    I would agree not right now, but I 'd say there is a better than 50/50 chance they will do something before the 60 days run out.

Hard to be in a weaker position than bent over a barrel by the Iranians in this bull**** deal we are making with them!!!