Little Sisters of the Poor - Page 2
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Sisters of the Poor

Again, these legal decisions have no basis in the law or reason. This is from Glenn Reynolds

The Tenth Circuit’s contortions to reach this result are remarkable. The court seems to have no recognition of the fact that the Obama Administration’s regulatory “accommodation” is a sleight of hand, allowing the insurer/third party administrator to move the contraceptive coverage “off the books” and “pay” for it themselves. But of course burdening the insurer/administrator in this fashion is merely a shell game, and the cost of contraceptive coverage is ultimately borne by the employer and individual beneficiaries. The coverage is not magically free, no matter how hard the Obama Administration tries to make it “look” free via regulation.

So now we have Catholic nuns who religiously object to paying for certain types of contraception being forced to do so anyway (despite the smoke and mirrors), in contradiction to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment. The founders would be rolling over in their graves. But hey, what a bunch of dead, old white guys who wrote and ratified the Constitution thought or wanted isn’t relevant anymore anyway, right? We shall see. The Supreme Court may grant review to hear the Little Sisters case again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Whereas I don't think that churches should be compelled to provide services that go against their teachings, and whereas, I can respect the church's stance against abortion, the Catholic church should be pilloried and driven out for their dangerous an moronic stance on birth control. I will also say that abortion might be less of a concern if the Catholic church would help women all around the world by teaching and promoting intelligent family planning. It is criminal in this day and age, with the AIDS epidemic (esp in Africa), for an organization with the level of influence that the church wields, to take a stance so harshly against safe sex.
    Wait: Let's wait a minute and deal with your issues one at a time. I'm glad you're OK with their stance on abortion. When my Roman Catholic Aunt (an RN) told me back in 1973 what would come of the abortion decision, I thought she was foolish. Now there's this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...by-body-parts/

So Aunt Joan (and the Catholic church) was right about that.

About Birth Control: Last time I checked, no priest or nun took my birth control pills away from me. It was my decision to use them. IN DIRECT CONTRAST, the government is compelling the Little Sisters to authorize their funds be used to pay for abortion services.

Now, about that AIDS epidemic... George Bush poured tons and tons of antiviral medications into Africa and African national governments make condoms WIDELY available. So the Little Sisters cannot by any stretch of the imagination be held responsible for AIDS deaths on any continent.

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    yes bon, yes! they are also go by the name of "badgers" for this upcoming season. i am not sure what state they hail from?

apologies rk!
    Yep, Bucky probly shouldn't even show!!
    Stan b & Elvis

So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory, the MOMENT." ~ Aldo Leopold

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1tulip View Post
    Wait: Let's wait a minute and deal with your issues one at a time. I'm glad you're OK with their stance on abortion. When my Roman Catholic Aunt (an RN) told me back in 1973 what would come of the abortion decision, I thought she was foolish. Now there's this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...by-body-parts/

So Aunt Joan (and the Catholic church) was right about that.

About Birth Control: Last time I checked, no priest or nun took my birth control pills away from me. It was my decision to use them. IN DIRECT CONTRAST, the government is compelling the Little Sisters to authorize their funds be used to pay for abortion services.

Now, about that AIDS epidemic... George Bush poured tons and tons of antiviral medications into Africa and African national governments make condoms WIDELY available. So the Little Sisters cannot by any stretch of the imagination be held responsible for AIDS deaths on any continent.
    Well, now, luckily many western Catholics don't really seem to take the pronouncements of their religious leaders all that seriously, but I get the impression that in some parts of the world, those missives are taken as being divinely inspired, and many of those people actually fear an eternity in hell if they use a condom. I don't know exactly who the little sisters are, but I do know that mother Teresa fought vehemently against all forms of birth control short of abstinence in areas where effective birth control could reduce many forms of suffering. I don't care how available condoms are if you have been told since you were a young child that using one was a mortal sin. Someone on here was just lauding how the early Christians were wiling to martyr themselves for their beliefs, yet you expect modern Christians to turn their collective backs on one of the main positions of the church. Seems a bit contradictory to me.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com