Obama Iran Press Conference - Page 4
The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Retriever Coach
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Obama Iran Press Conference

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...his-hands.html
    From the Daily Beast, no less ... evidently "personnel matters" were included in these nuclear talks ... Iran had no problem asking for "favors". Why didn't the US trade these "favors" for the release of the Americans?

The the last-minute demand for the lifting of the conventional arms embargo ... wouldn't that have been a PERFECT time to ask for the Americans back?

Did you ever stop to think that Iran actually gave POTUS a chance to "save face", (by getting something in return for this last-minute demand) and brilliant Kerry was too dazzled by his own halo to recognize the opportunity?
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

2. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    All we have to do is look back 21 years for this fan dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohA3fFH9vdo&app=desktop
    I'm sure Franco was doing his Libtard happy dance for that one too. I wonder how many millions went into the Clinton Foundation for that gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I watched the clip. I didn't pick up "angry", but I did get "lost his composure". The clip I saw ended with only "... with respect to ..." about the latter part of the question, so I didn't realize that he never answered that part of the question.

I am always surprised that whenever he goes off-script, he really bumbles. Here is a guy who can publicly speak in front of thousands of people with seeming aplomb. As POTUS he should be fully briefed on what's going on in the country & world; far more so than the rest of us.

Surely this question has been raised in the press before this press conference, so he should be aware of that. He's the POTUS (who gets the last word on stuff like this), and yet he stumbles over the question. I'd expect him to have a cogent answer. I'm left with the impression that either his staff hasn't properly briefed him, or he ignores the briefings.

I don't particularly think that questions about Steinle were pertinent to the purpose of this presser. However, since Q&A pressers have become quite infrequent with POTUS, I can understand how some reporters might have wanted to get some feedback on that.

The reports of illegal aliens committing felonies continues apace. Yesterday (or day before?) a kind woman was helping an illegal neighbor get some immigration paperwork together, and he sexually assaulted her and beat her. He also had a prior record of felonies & multiple deportations on his record.

Considering how the POTUS has inserted himself into events from Cambridge forward to Martin, Ferguson and Freddie Gray, his absence in the Steinle death stands in notable contrast. With close to 400,000 convicted illegals on the streets, I don't think that the topic of immigration is going to go away in the interim leading up to the 2016 election.
    Gerry, they didn't even play half of his response to the question, perhaps the total clip would have been better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    RetrieverTraining.net
    Advertisements

And, just as Clinton predicted, North Korea has "joined the community of nations." NOT.

Nor have human rights improved. And the new, young leader executes people at his whim.

Yup, this ought to work out just as well with the Ayatollahs.

If you want to learn more about the NK deal, read "Dereliction of Duty". There may not have been a Clinton Foundation then, but there was cronyism involved. Nobody read this stuff when it was published ... long ago ... or we could have predicted what would happen with Hillary at the State Dept.
    [email protected]
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    I'm sure Franco was doing his Libtard happy dance for that one too. I wonder how many millions went into the Clinton Foundation for that gift.
    There was a time not too long ago when Conservatives sought peaceful solutions first. Not the trigger happy perpetual war loving movement they have morphed into! They once were leery of spending most of our resources on the war machine. Not anymore though, as they are owned by special interest whose interest is NOT the welfare of the USA!
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by steveMO View Post
    Watch carefully and try to understand. You're stupid. Dumb. Ignorant. You're like the gay president, who makes things up and then thinks they're true because he says them.

Here's an AP poll from yesterday. 77% of the US wants to maintain or increase sanctions and less than a third approve of the moron's handling of this. 7 in 10 independents disapproved. It's clear that the majority of both house of Congress do not support this. Look in the mirror. Say "He's right. I'm dumb. But maybe I can do better. I'll try." Don't give up.

http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/...mixed-feelings
    We forgot that you are smarter than the USA, China, Russia, Germany, the UK and France combined!

Or, could it be that your hatred prevents you from thinking clearly?
    “The President, Vice President and all Civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.” U S Constitution
    This entire impeachment process is just going to be all about knocking down the most offensively stupid arguments from Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    There was a time not too long ago when Conservatives sought peaceful solutions first. Not the trigger happy perpetual war loving movement they have morphed into! They once were leery of spending most of our resources on the war machine. Not anymore though, as they are owned by special interest whose interest is NOT the welfare of the USA!
    Franco, I not so sure I would call exchanging weapons for hostages a peaceful solution. .
    And again you are using the term "conservatives", when you should be saying "republicans", you won't find much conservative thinking in republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Franco, I not so sure I would call exchanging weapons for hostages a peaceful solution. .
    And again you are using the term "conservatives", when you should be saying "republicans", you won't find much conservative thinking in republican party.
    So we should have been able to get 4 Americans for nukes? I see your logic.

If we were to have negotiated anything else into the agreement, it should have been a deal to help eradicate ISIL from Iraq. Iran is currently one of two countries in the region willing and able to defeat them. They already control Iraq south of Bagdad. They could push ISIL further north. We have their hands tied in Syria because we want Assad to go. I think better to let the Egyptians eradicate ISIL from Syria. Israel's bigger problem is that if ISIL takes control of Syria then they are at Israel's doorstep. After today's incident in the Med off Sinai, I would bet the Egyptians are motivated enough to combat ISIL even if they have to push into Syria. Along with the Kurds, it would make ISIL nothing more then a bad memory.

“The White House’s plan to preempt Congress’s 60-day review of the Iran deal by first seeking approval from the U.N. Security Council, whose members include at least six non-democracies, would be a breathtaking assault on American sovereignty and congressional prerogative,” Kirk said in a statement. “I am shocked that Secretary of State Kerry actually admitted, on the record, that he wants to create a situation where congressional disapproval of the Iran deal would make the United States in violation of the international community.” -

See more at: http://freebeacon.com/national-secur....9fRSid65.dpuf

I haven't yet verified if Kerry did say this. If he did make such a public statement, he's got to be even less bright than he appears.

Isn't there something in oaths of office about defending the Constitution?
    [email protected]